19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Citizen / Squadron 42

5 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Citizen / Squadron 42

Post  hinkel1 Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:54 am

i guess i will wait a little before attempting to download Wink
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:31 am

The Storm of War Server won't be up on Thursday, so I guess we could have a go then.

only gives you 52 hours or so to download it, better start now. Laughing
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:18 pm

The Gladius is now available for everyone for a week as of now, so you can compare it to your space BMW, Speedy - presuming you can download the patch within the next week. Laughing

There's another new concept sale for a ship, this time the Aegis Dynamics Vanguard deep space/long range fighter:

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 7 Vanguard_front_final_Bhasin_02

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 7 Vanguard_top_final_Bhasin

It's supposed to be based on the P-38 Lightning... sort of.

P-61 Black Widow is probably a more accurate comparison.

Relentless Predator: The Aegis Dynamics Vanguard
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:56 pm

I watched Interstellar and was shocked to discover how extremely unrealistic it was - their fancy futuristic space ship is flown using a Thrustmaster Warthog!

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 7 News-110614d-lg

Everyone knows that the space ships of the future will be flown using mouse and keyboard - or with overly complicated 6DOF throttle quadrants, what sort of nonsense is this?! Laughing
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:59 am

Patch 0.111 has been released, which adds the Gloster Gladiator Anvil Aerospace T8A Gladiator Torpedo/Dive Bomber (wonder if it has a dive siren  Laughing ).:

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 7 709?cb=20140410125129

The other main feature of the patch is that it adds turret functionality to some of the two-seater ships such as the Super Hornet, Gladiator and Cutlass, however at the moment there's no multi-crew 'lobby', so the only way to be a gunner is to go on a free flight server and board someone elses ship on a landing pad.

Here are the full patch notes:

Roberts Space Industries wrote:Contents:

Additions
   Balance/Tweaks
   Fixes
   Known Issues

Additions:

Gameplay

Added the ability to toggle ‘target focus’ mode (Hotkey: L) after a ship is given permission to land
   Added version control support to the custom control bindings in order to prevent control conflicts
   Players can now solve issues where their characters get stuck by opening the console (~), typing in stuck, and hitting enter to respawn the character
   Added server side improvements to help with some causes of the infinite loading screens
   Added backend support to allow for adjusting REC totals differently for each game mode
   Added [Left Alt] keybinding to toggle turret control between two modes (Turret Head Tracking On/Off)

Ships

Implemented Ejection Audio for the 300i
   Implemented Ejection Audio for the Hornet
   Added basic Multiplayer turret functionality to Super Hornet F7C-M
   Implemented Ejection Audio for the M50
   Gladiator is now flight ready
   Added basic Multiplayer turret functionality to Gladiator
   Added basic Multiplayer turret functionality to Cutlass

User Interface

Added landing mode activation and score board viewing to the default controls images for the gamepad
   Added a custom keybinding option for ESP toggle
   Added a custom keybinding option to allow toggling between Lag Pips and Lead Indicators

Balance/Tweaks:

Gameplay

Tweaked Vanduul Swarm Coop REC amount per wave
   Pilots with lower score relative to the average contribute less to the REC pool
   Added audio for Vanduul dropping out of warp

Ships

Adjusted Aegis ship AI collision warning based on community feedback
   Adjusted Avenger health to correct phantom health issue
   Adjusted power plant explosion color to match thruster color for Gladius
   Added ladder animation updates for the Retaliator
   Adjusted rotational thrust on the Mustang Delta and Mustang Beta
   Updated Weapon Hard-points on Aurora to reflect brochure specs (2x S1 and 2x S2 guns)

Components

Balance pass on Sledge 2: Reduced ROF from 125 to 60. Increased Power and Heat pershot to 50. Adjusted Power Regen and Cooling to 25
   Updated Shields on Gladius to reflect brochure specs (S2 to S3 max shield)
   Reduced overall Sledge Rail ammo damage from 140 to 70

User Interface

Updated the color of the leaderboard so that it can be seen more easily against bright backgrounds
   Updated controller and joystick images to include landing prompts

Environment

Updated lighting in Revel & York hangar
   Camera is now forced into first person mode when using the Holotable
   Adjusted spawn position for some of the flair ship models in all hangars

Fixes:

(PTU) – Denotes an issue from the PTU that was fixed

Gameplay

Fix to allow the ability to adjust virtual joystick curves and relative mode sensitivity
   Fix for the public-facing “pp_rebindKeys export” command
   Fixed an issue where the Warthog HOTAS had conflicting keybindings for landing mode and strafe right
   Fixed an issue where the throttle would reset itself if a ship boosted before throttling up
   Fixed an issue where the spectator camera would rapidly jump around if a dead character was the last client left in a match
   Fixed an issue where strafing would break while traveling at max speed
   Fixed an issue where Matchmaker would match more clients into a game mode than the instance allows
   Fixed an issue where the game may crash when loading into a Multiplayer Game Mode
   Fixed an issue where a combination of sprinting and shaking the mouse can cause the character to clip through a number of game objects
   Fixed an issue where sprinting and jumping into walls will sometimes cause the character to fall out of the game world
   Fixed an issue where players were prevented from connecting to a server
   Fix for cockpit audio continuing to play after self destructing
   Fixed an issue that could cause G-Force simulation to get out of sync with Black-Out/Red-Out visual effects
   Fixed an issue where a client crash occurred after kicking a player from the lobby (PTU)
   Fixed an issue where a client crash occurred when exiting to the hangar while in an Arena ** Commander game mode (PTU)
   Fixed an issue where crosshair elements of the HUD became stuck based on your starting position upon initialization (PTU)

Ships

Standardized look pose range of motion across all ships
   Fixed missing audio for various ship HUD elements
   Fixed an issue that caused the 300 series ships to drop out and back in when ejecting
   Avenger can no longer equip the Tigerstreik to its wingslot hard-points
   Fix for entering the back seat of the Gladiator playing the animation for entering the front seat
   Fixed animations for entering the Gladiator (PTU)
   Fixed Gladiator damage states detaching clean sections of the ship rather than showing damaged innards (PTU)
   Fix for Gladiator’s landing gear remaining deployed while in flight (PTU)
   Fix for inability to look up to aim in the Gladiator’s Co-pilot Turret (PTU)
   Fixed an issue where of the Gladiator’s primary thrusters will fail upon respawn (PTU)
   Fixed an issue where the pilot retained control in the Gladiator when another player entered the manned turret (PTU)
   Fix for the stuttering sound that played and persisted through respawn after ejecting from a Gladiator (PTU)
   Fixed an issue where a Gladiator Co-pilot lacks functionality and can become stuck if the pilot ejects from the ship (PTU)
   Fixed Gladius Ship Status Hologram from displaying corrupt textures
   Gladius can no longer equip the Scorpion to its wingslot hard-points
   Fix for inability to lock onto targets in the F7C-M Super Hornet’s Co-pilot Turret (PTU)
   Fixed an issue where a Super Hornet F7C-M’s co-pilot was able to shoot and kill the pilot from the co-pilot/turret seat (PTU)
   Fix for the stuttering sound that played and persisted through respawn after ejecting from a Super Hornet F7C-M (PTU)
   Fixed an issue where seats in the back of the Cutlass were not animating when activated
   Fixed an issue where the Cutlass pilot chair stayed centered after landing (PTU)
   Cutlass landing gear is retracted while in the hangar (PTU)
   Fixed an issue where the beds in the Retaliator could not be interacted with in the crew quarters

Components

Fixed countermeasure active dialogue being fired on ship respawn
   Fixed an issue where turrets could not be re-equipped after being removed from a ship
   Fixed an issue where Tigerstreik bullet impacts were not causing bullet hole effects

User Interface

Fixed an issue where the ping value was not updating in DFM modes
   Fixed an issue where score bar UI elements were displayed in Multiplayer Free Flight
   Fixed redundant message spam after player death
   Fixed an issue where the scoreboard REC column only appeared for Aurora pilots after death
   Fixed an issue where a control profile could not be exported a second time
   Fixed an issue where multiple exports with the same name could exist in the Control Profiles list
   Power Throttle is now functional and can be modified using the +/- keys on the numpad, or by holding down the left mouse button after pressing [Home]
   Fixed an issue where the scoreboard could not be opened when in spectator mode
   Fixed an issue where the contact name text field could not be edited more than once (PTU)
   Fixed an issue where the Contact List did not refresh with updated adds or removes until the game was reloaded (PTU)

Environment

Fixed crate clipping through column in Self Land central hangar bay
   Control panel in Self Land connecting doors between bays now renders properly
   Fix for geometry issue on support column in Self Land
   Fixed flickering passcode pad in Self Land hangar
   Fixed minor flair graphical and placement issues in the Asteroid hangar
   Fixed wall flickering issue in Aeroview
   Fixed minor graphical issues with the Sim Pod
   Fixed an issue where the character’s left hand would be flipped when driving the buggy
   Fixed some issues that were causing interacting with the Holotable to be difficult when standing in specific locations
   M50 holotable model now displays the main thrusters in the correct location
   Fixed missing wall collision in the upper level of the Revel & York hangar (PTU)

Known Issues:

Gameplay

Gameplay divergence can cause situations where it appears like a ship is being hit but not taking damage, when the shots are actually missing the ship
   Weapons fire can appear offset from weapon muzzle when fired while moving
   Combustion Pistol cannot be equipped
   Entering or exiting a ship will cause other clients to see the character T-pose
   Characters rolling while prone is not seen by other clients
   Characters will sometimes fail to animate correctly when exiting the pilot seat after
   Decoupled mode is sometimes not disabled when taking off from a landing pad preventing ship movement (press [Caps Lock] to disable it)
   landing
   Character will occasionally spawn in as a pair of eyes
   Client crash may occur when pressing ‘x’ to respawn after the pilot is killed by flying into an asteroid
   Interacting with various elements of a lobby has a chance of causing a client crash for invited players
   Unable to exit the cockpit if one of a ship’s landing gear is missing
   Inverted controls do not work in default turret camera view

Ships

All ships aside from the Hornet are missing ship trails when carrying a Core
   Multiple ships will sometimes tilt back when landing on landing platforms
   Weapons impacting shields playing incorrect impact audio
   300i does not have boost VFX for its main thrusters
   Ladder causes the 300i to wobble once landed
   Aurora intakes are not displaying paint
   Equipping Longswords on an Aurora’s bottom hardpoints will cause the ship to wobble once landed due to excess collision on the weapons
   Missile racks are not appearing in the holotable when an Aurora is selected
   Avenger has some doors that cannot be opened in multiplayer
   Gladiator Look Reticle/Crosshair is sometimes missing upon respawn, cycling camera views will usually correct this
   Gladius damage states are detaching clean sections of the ship rather than showing damaged innards
   All Hornets are missing a pipe on the main thruster
   The M50’s starboard wheel briefly detaches itself from its strut when being deployed during landing
   Cutlass isn’t attaching its Trireme thrusters for its default loadout
   Cutlass Trireme thrusters are not able to be attached in the holotable (this will be left this way until they are ready for use)
   Character is sunk into the seat when sitting in the Cutlass Blue and Red
   Cutlass Blue’s top turret is missing
   There will sometimes be an invisible block of collision in the cargo area of the Cutlass after landing the ship
   Killing a Cutlass will sometimes not award kill credit on the scoreboard
   Cutlass shots fired are not in sync when there is a player in the pilot seat and the turret seat
   Freelancer loading ramp has no collision
   Freelancer Main Thrusters are missing
   Character can get stuck inside a Freelancer’s hull above its right landing gear
   Multiple objects in the Retaliator are missing use prompts
   Retaliator maneuvering thrusters are not in landing mode when in the hangar

Components

User folder issues can cause weapon ammunition to go missing as well as other ship component malfunctions
   Rattler Cluster missile second stage rockets will all use the same trajectory
   Missiles aren’t inheriting velocity from the ship that launches them
   Seal Corporation shield generators will not be visible when equipped to Hornets
   Weapon trail trajectories are inconsistent for targets that aren’t being looked at resulting in game divergence
   Thrusters cannot be deactivated in power management

User Interface

Lag pips will drop out with increased distance depending on how quickly a ship is approaching their target (only happens within a few hundred meters)
   Shield hardpoint in the holotable is too small for Mustangs and 300 series
   Missiles have a small portion of the ship targeting UI on them after being launched
   Multiple in game items and ships are missing text and are displaying their internal names
   Paint objects in the holotable are placeholders
   Loading back into a lobby will reset the ship selection to its default (sometimes this doesn’t happen visually but still happens on the backend)
   Holding tab while ship’s HUD initializes causes the HUD’s score screen to default ‘On’

Environment

There are several locations in the hangars where the character can fall out of the world
   Thorshu Grey space crab does not have animations

I'll be swapping my Super Hornet for a Gladiator now, as I reckon an Interceptor (Gladius) and a Torpedo Bomber (Gladiator) are a better mix than an Interceptor (Gladius) and a Superiority Fighter (Super Hornet).

Plus a Sword needs a Swordsman, as they say in Rome.  Razz

Though it costs exactly 0 monies to swap between a Super Hornet and a Gladiator, so I suppose I could just change ship whenever. Laughing
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Finally managed to download the patch. Only took 3 hours this time??!

I'll have to save a few pennies before I invest in the Gladius.
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:16 am

This might help:

325a to Gladius Cross Chassis Upgrade

Though I don't think you can go back from a Gladius to a 325a if you change your mind, as it's cheaper.

Might be a good idea for us to do a MP Free Flight, then you can try out my Gladius.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:48 pm

That's more like it.

If you don't mind me taking your Gladius for a test drive that would be great. I'll look after her....you have my word 'not a scratch'

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 7 BsIN1P9CcAAL6rL
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:29 am

Sorry Speedy, I can't see that scene any more without thinking about this video. Razz

MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:58 pm

A new line of cargo ships have gone on concept sale, called the Hull Series, from A to E, A being the size of a Fighter and E being the size of a Frigate:

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 7 HullC-Open-Loaded-Cargo07

MISC Hull Series

Presuming you're into space trucking. Razz

There's also quite an interesting design post about cargo and object interaction and such:

Design: Cargo Interaction

I love the fact that every item will actually be physically represented, rather than just being a number in your cargo page - though it reminds me that I'll probably need to buy a Cutlass or something to actually carry around all my spare missiles and ammo and such, hopefully they're not too expensive to buy in game. Laughing
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:04 pm

Good news, they're adding a training scenario in the next patch:

Not that you need to learn to fly, of course... Wink

Plus seemingly you get to fly the Gladius, which is obviously the best ship.

Although I was waiting for Danger Zone to kick in at some point.  Laughing

MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Fri May 08, 2015 11:37 pm

Version 1.1.2 is out now, which includes the new Tutorial.

Patch is only about 20 GB this time it seems. Rolling Eyes
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sun May 10, 2015 9:28 am

The Graphics in the new version are amazing!

Hyper Vanguard Force IV
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sat May 23, 2015 10:07 pm

New starter ship concept sale is up for the two-seater MISC Reliant:

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 7 Reliant_SpaceFlightConfig_Updated_Final_Hobbins

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 7 Reliant_AtmosphericFlightConfig_Updated_Final_Hobbins

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 7 Reliant_LandingInsitu_Final_Hobbins

Looks like a mix between a B-Wing and that flying wing from Raiders of the Lost Ark, which isn't too shabby.

Seems a bit pointless to have a concept sale of a starter ship though, seeing as concept sales don't come with a game package, which means it wouldn't be a starter ship if you bought it now, though it is a cheap way to get lifetime insurance if you're into that sort of thing.

Costs about £40 though, which is just over twice as much as ther other starter ships.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Sat May 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Looks very nice
love it
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:36 pm

The Military Ships (Hornets, Gladius, Gladiator) are free to test this week, incase you fancy a go. Smile
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:31 am

CitizenCon 2015

In Manchester, incase you're into nerdy things like that. Razz
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:48 pm

can t go as i don t have a proper star citizen suit yet. clown
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:57 pm

As a Liverpool fan, I don't think I'll be heading to Manc'land anytime soon. Very Happy
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:51 pm

Shame we're not into Elite Dangerous, their launch event was at Duxford. Laughing
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:58 pm

Good news!

When you become a washed out Fighter Pilot you can be a Starline Pilot instead. Razz

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 7 Starliner_action4_altComp

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 7 Starliner_productshot1_comp2

Design - Civilian Passenger Transport

Introducing - The Genesis Starliner
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:56 pm

Looks like a nice ship. Though I've never really taken to airliner sims, flying in a straight line on auto pilot seems a little dull to me Very Happy
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:03 am

Remind me not to let anyone bring any weapons onto my ship. Shocked

MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:30 am

The P-52 Merlin Parasite Fighter is flyable in the next patch (currently on the test server), if you prefer your ships to be more of a WW2 Fighter size compared to the modern Fighter Jet equivalent that we have at the moment:

Though I should warn you that it's designed a Parasite Fighter to dock with the Constellation, so it has no jump drive, no quantum drive 0.2c supercruise what not thingie, and a crappy radar, so it's not much use as a stand alone ship, unless you intend to fly around the galaxy at 540 mph. Laughing

Last edited by MJDixon on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:25 am

New patch has gone live, only 25 GB. Razz
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content