19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Flight/Combat... Sim/Game? "War Thunder"

2 posters

Go down

New Flight/Combat... Sim/Game? "War Thunder" Empty New Flight/Combat... Sim/Game? "War Thunder"

Post  Carolina Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:28 pm

S! 19 Squadron RAF:

I was reading about some computer hardware at the ASUS ROG website:http://rog.asus.com/  , and I came across some information about "War Thunder". War Thunder website: http://warthunder.com/game/changelog/  , I went to their website and they are in a Beta Test stage for the game. But the movies were pretty cool and it might be something to look into,...for pilots. It seems to be a little like the "World of Warplanes" website, which has Planes, Tanks and Naval Ships now.  
On the War Thunder website they say,

War Thunder is a next generation MMO combat game dedicated to World War II military aviation, armored vehicles, and fleets. You will take part in all of the major combat battles, fighting with real players all over the world.

War Thunder offers a highly detailed and personalized aviation experience, giving players access to hundreds models of planes with detailed cockpits, dozens of upgradeable weapons, and flying skills that can be honed and improved with each mission. Thanks to the game’s painstaking attention to detail, you’ll truly feel like a World War II fighter pilot as you plunge into battle.

The genuine World War II experience isn’t limited to the skies. The massive historical battles featured in War Thunder cannot be fought by aviation alone, so the game will also expose players to combat on land and at sea.
Features include:
• Varied PvP-experiences set in full-scale combat missions
• Multiple settings options allow advanced virtual pilots and beginners to enjoy playing the game together
• Rich PvE content: dynamic campaigns, solo missions, mission editor, and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay
• Impressive diversity includes detailed models of planes and their cockpits, as well as tanks and ships
• Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects, and beautiful music

System requirements:

Minimal system requirements
CPU: 2,2 GHz
RAM: 1 Gb
Videocard: Nvidia GeForce 7XXX series or higher; AMD Radeon 1XXX series or higher
Free space: 8 Gb

Recommended system requirements:
CPU: dual-core 2,4 GHz
RAM: 4 Gb
Videocard: Nvidia GeForce 460 or higher
Free space: 8 Gb

If I get some time between Christmas and New Years, I may try it out myself. And maybe some of the 19 Squadron could try it out and see if it is a worthwhile game or not. I'd like to see what some of you guys think about it.
Carolina
Carolina

Back to top Go down

New Flight/Combat... Sim/Game? "War Thunder" Empty Re: New Flight/Combat... Sim/Game? "War Thunder"

Post  hinkel1 Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:43 pm

I have tried it allready.
It is nothing like a sim. All arcade. But what do you expect when you fly using a mouse.
Game is not for me
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

New Flight/Combat... Sim/Game? "War Thunder" Empty Re: New Flight/Combat... Sim/Game? "War Thunder"

Post  Carolina Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Thanks Henkel1. I saw it at the ASUS site and I didn't know anything about it. At the War Thunder website, I did see movies where gamers were using joysticks, rudder pedals and throttles, key boards and mice, and gamepads;...different  setups for playing the game.
But you're right, it's more of a game than a sim.
Carolina
Carolina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down