19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Citizen / Squadron 42

5 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 5 Empty Re: Star Citizen / Squadron 42

Post  MJDixon Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:54 am

speedy77 wrote:
MJDixon wrote:s I'm in the UEE Navy now. Razz

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 5 Article-1303248-0ACDBF70000005DC-789_468x332

You can search the world for treasure, learn science, technology and learn to fly - Speedy!
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:54 am

Good news!

Space is now civilized as they've added Tea.

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 5 395C8EF7BE2607F75F4B524AA5925794F32FB9FD

Speedy you'll also be glad to hear they added Pink Gin as well. Razz

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 5 86C8C83DB9E8A3036B4C6882709BA4032AF51520

Plus I guess they added other stuff, to do with ships and the like.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Anniversary Sale starts this Friday!

Though rather than being a sale where in things are cheaper than they usually are, it'll probably be a sale in so much as the limited ships like the Retaliator, Gladiator, Super Hornet etc will go on sale for a week, which is how they usually work.

I don't suppose I'll get anything unless they have cross chassis upgrades, in which case I might swap my Super Hornet for something.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:52 pm

i will stay with my aurora:)
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:36 am

MJDixon wrote:

Speedy you'll also be glad to hear they added Pink Gin as well. Razz

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 5 86C8C83DB9E8A3036B4C6882709BA4032AF51520

I swear it was the in thing when I was at school, to spray that stuff all over ourselves to attract girls....
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:49 am

hinkel1 wrote:i will stay with my aurora:)

That's what everyone says.  Razz

speedy77 wrote:I swear it was the in thing when I was at school, to spray that stuff all over ourselves to attract girls....

Good old Lynx, they've done studies, you know.

60% of the time it works, every time.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:53 am

Ship sale is up!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14314-Star-Citizen-Anniversary-Sale

Speedy, I'll let you take one for the team and get us a Javelin Destroyer for $2500, that's only £1600 in proper money - unless you want to upgrade your Aurora, Hink. Laughing

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 5 Javelin_GunneryDeckUpdate_SideV_Hobbins

I might have gotten myself a Retaliator, but it seems there's no upgrade option between the Super Hornet and the Retaliator, so maybe next year.

Though it seems that the Gladiator Light Bomber is the same price as a Super Hornet at the moment, so maybe I could do a direct swap between the two, if I run out of money before the Retaliator is available. Razz

Also some new info about the medical/wounding side of things, which also applies to Pilots, not just the brown jobs - so try not to do a Bader!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14318-Design-Healing-Your-Spacemen

In other news, there was a small Launcher patch yesterday that allows you to select your region, so that might help with the server issues - Squiffy and I did a match last night and it seemed to work, anyway.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:10 am

i though to check to sales to maybe buy the hornet but as far as i can see it is still the same price.
If i would upgrade the chassis from aurora to hornet i would pay few dollars more actually then if i would buy it seperate
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:09 am

It's a sale in so much that there are limited ships on sale, rather than the ships are cheaper than usual, strange that it would cost more to upgrade than to buy a sepreate ship though, what sort of Aurora do you have?
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:58 am

aurora mr
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:26 am

Looks like $85 to upgrade, compared to $110 for a standalone Hornet, or $125 for a Hornet game package.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Cross-Chassis-Upgrades/Aurora-MR-To-Hornet-Upgrade

Though personally I'd recommend getting a Gladius cross chassis upgrade when it gets added to Arena Commander, seeing as it's cheaper and far more stylish. Razz
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:05 pm

New stretch goal:

Chris 'Pew Pew' Roberts wrote:Pets – We have repair bots, we have fish… but we haven’t implemented a traditional pet system in Star Citizen yet. At $64 million, that changes. From Jones the Cat in Alien to the Battlestar Galactica’s Daggit, pets have a place onboard starships… and we want to give you that option in Star Citizen. Expect traditional terrestrial options, plus anything exotic we can dream up in the Star Citizen universe! (Those Torshu Grey crabs that keep escaping are just the start.) This stretch goal is in honor of Paddington, Strike Dog of the UEES Paul Steed. In one of our first videos Paddington helped us get to $4 million back in the initial campaign, and sadly passed away recently.

Just whatever you do, don't get a black Labrador - as either it gets killed half way through the film, or you get killed half way through the film, it's the war film law, almost as bad as putting a photograph of your family in your cockpit!

You can have a three legged cat called Bader if you want though, presuming the wounding system applies to cats...
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Aww, very cute...one for the ladies and kids me thinks.

Still if they can talk, it could be useful.....
"woof, woof, bark"
"what's that boy, little MJ has fallen down the black hole? and Hinkel has fallen asleep at the control column and is drifting dangerous close to a nebula!? Quick fetch my space goggles, and a beer!"
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:39 pm

Don't worry, Speedy - if I somehow managed to survive falling down the black hole without being killed horribly, time would be moving so slowly relatively to the rest of the universe that I could wait for your dog to evolve to the state where it could tell you I had fallen down the black hole, sort of like Cat from Red Dwarf - presuming you managed not to die millions of years before this hypothetical black hole dog evolution rescue scenario, of course.

That doesn't help Hinkel much, mind. Razz

Anyway - I wouldn't fall down the black hole because I follow the war film rules about not putting pictures in your cockpit:

Being killed by dodgy 90's computer graphics is a terrible way to die, and a waste of a perfectly good Hammerhead Gladius if you ask me!

On the subject of falling down black holes, here's the new concept art for the Carrack exploration ship:

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 5 FktastZ

I'll have to add it to my list of ships I plan on buying when the game is live - those winglet things give it a certain Galactic Empire TIE Fighter look, though I'm not sure if it has two 'wings' or if it's asymmetrical, it looks asymmetrical in that picture but it might just be the angle.

Last edited by MJDixon on Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:47 am

Symmetrical it is then:

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 5 YcaRz3Z
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:04 pm

$20 (£13) Aurora Packages should be going on limited sale today, if you know any poor people that want to play.

Though if you can afford a PC that can run Star Citizen you can probably stretch to the standard Aurora price. Razz

Could use them for Christmas presents I suppose.

Never mind, they sold out in an hour. Razz
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:05 pm

You might want to vote on this if you're planning on upgrading your stick in the near future. Smile

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14346-Star-Citizen-HOTAS-Poll
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:25 pm

Gladiator Brochure has been published, if you're in the market for a light bomber. Razz

Anvil Aerospace T8 Gladiator Brochure
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:24 am

Good news!

Arena Commander 1.0 Patch is out, adds lots of fancy stuff like electromagnetic, IR and visual signatures, new missile types and countermeasure updates and new flyable ships.

Patch Details

Roberts Space Industries wrote:Star Citizen Patch V1.0.0

Additions
       Arena commander ready ships:
           Mustangs

Alpha
               Beta
               Delta
               Gamma
               Omega

Auroras

Aurora CL Clipper
               Aurora ES
               Aurora LN Legionnaire
               Aurora LX Deluxe
           Hornets

F7C Hornet
               F7C-M Super Hornet
               F7C-R Hornet Tracker
               F7C-S Hornet Ghost

Cutlass Black
           Avenger

New ship components and weapons are being added to store
       Added ship signature system
           Targeting a ship will show how much of each signature type it is generating
           Added the ability for ship signatures to be blocked by asteroids and other objects
           Added information to ship components for generating different signature types
           Missile locks indicators will now indicate the type of missile that is locked onto your ship
       Added thruster power system
           Ship maneuverability will change based on power settings in the power triangle as well as how much power other ship systems are drawing from the power plant
       Added lateral G-force system
           Character well-being can now be affected by lateral G-force
           Sudden stops can knock a character out, causing it to become unresponsive for a few moments
       Added friends system in game and on website
           Friends list can be opened in game using L
       Added a new lobby system
           Lobbies show a list of players that have been added to the friends list
           Friends can be invited to a lobby to engage in both public and private matches
           Ship selection is now visible in the lobby
           Players are placed back into a lobby with their friends after the match ends
           Lobby owners can only launch a match once all players have readied up
           Players that have readied dup will have the blue rectangle to the left of their name light up
           Lobby owners can kick players from the lobby
       Added new audio for ship collision warnings has been updated to be more specific
       Added new audio for changing countermeasures
       Added new audio for running out of missiles
       Added finger trigger animations for some ships
       Added the ability for ships to self-destruct (defaulted to right alt+backspace)
       Added reflective canopy textures for Hornets
       Added a rear view camera for ships (can be set in key bindings)
       Added countermeasure camera for ships (default control activates when countermeasure button is held)
       Added several new observer camera modes
       Added server kick function for players that engage in prolonged aggression against allies
       Added visual effect to cores to make core carrier more obvious
       Added additional data tracking for usage by leaderboards
       French audio and text translations have been added
       Added firework effects to the end of races
       Added camera flashes to race mode
       Added ship advertisements to race maps
       Added first pass for public sensitivity settings under control customization

Updates
       Ships:

Aurora MR missiles removed and place on the Aurora LX
           300 series have had their weapon mounts updated due to a change in how weapon mounts will work
           325a missile loadout now uses talon missiles
           M50 missile amount reduced
           Static nose weapon mounts have been removed from all Hornets
           Some HUD information has been moved to be displayed on the helmet visor
           Lag pips now changes shape when multiple pips line up
           Missile controls have been overhauled
               Clicking middle mouse button will lock a new missile each time it’s clicked, allowing for multiple missiles to be locked on the same target
               Holding the middle mouse button will launch all locked missiles
           Updated effects for ship spawning
           Updated effects for multiple ship thrusters
           Accounts that have multiple copies of the same ship will now have numbers listed after each ship to help tell the difference between the two

Weapons:
           Weapon mount system has been changed so that mounts can only hold weapons with a matching size. Originally, both the ship mount locations and the weapon mounts would be able to hold multiple size weapons
           Updated muzzle flash and weapon effects for multiple weapons
           Chaff has had its functionality and visual effect redesigned and improved
           Balance pass made over all 1.0 weapons. Please keep in mind that these statistics are not final
       Game pad right stick can now adjust power and shield allocation when in HUD interaction mode
       Improved ability to navigate through ship HUD elements with arrow keys
       Holotable will now group duplicate items together to make weapon and component management easier
       Joysticks should now be defaulted to being asleep to reduce interference with mouse and keyboard
       Control customization groups now have the ability to be collapsed
       Control customization profiles can now be imported and exported
       Control customization keybinding screen now gives feedback as to what kind of input is accepted for specific binding operations (example, some inputs require buttons and some require axis input)
       Core objective marker is consistently offset above its location in space when far away, allowing the ship carrying it to be more easily seen from far away
       Scoring system has been overhauled
       Vanduul Swarm wave count increased to 18
       Vanduul AI improved so that they have a better memory about who it is they’re attacking
       Improved AI decision making for using countermeasures
       Several smoke and fire effects updated
       Explosion effects have been updated
       Simulation announce has had several audio announcements updated and added
       Added game information for space globes
       Removed the ability to strafe and sprint at the same time
       Removed helmet pedestal. Characters now spawn into dogfighting matches with helmet on
       Removed wardrobe changer mannequin from all hangars

Fixes:
       300 variants can now open their beds and lay in them
       350r targeting reticle is now the correct size
       F7A military variant of the hornet is no longer available to be used in Arena Commander
       Freelancer no longer has a gap in the ship geometry between the hull and the upper part of its turrets
       Power plant explosions now inherit the velocity of the ship they emanate from
       Turning off shields in ship system management will now correctly turn the component off
       Swapping power management screens with the super hornet turret equipped no longer crashed the client
       Game Client will no longer steal focus when loading into hangar
       Multiplayer chat can now be sent to other players
       Turning off shields in ship system management will now correctly turn the component off
       Static weapons will now converge on their target correctly
       Fixed an issue where the first shot taken by any weapon would be offset
       Dynamic zoom will now work while the ship is moving
       Wingman will now move between waves in Vanduul Swarm
       Wingman now react to being shot by allies
       Vanduul now care more about if they are about to run into something
       Ammo boxes no longer use placeholder graphics
       Fixed some minor graphical issues in all hangars
       Fixed some minor graphical bugs in the holotable
       Fixed some locations in hangars where characters could shove their head through the wall
       In game chat is now visible to other players
       Fixed graphical issues for some floating debris
       Fixed an issue that caused characters to occasionally be looking sideways when spawning
       Characters that eject will now have a seat
       M50 is now able to match its targets speed
       Accounts that do not have a fish tank will no longer have an empty fish tank visible in the Asteroid hangar

They've also added a lobby system for multiplayer, so we might actually be able to play it now. Razz

The new missile types are:

DF - Dumbfire (Rockets)
IR - Infrared (Fox Two)
CS - Radar cross-section, presumably (Fox Three)
EM - Anti-radiation, presumably (Magnum)

Here's the commercial for the Mustang starter ship, can't say I'm a massive fan (needs more Merlin):

Bad news!

The patch is 20GBs. Shocked

Gladius isn't flyable yet.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:58 am

Rise of Flight 2944? Just need a few flares.  Razz

The patch is pretty buggy unfortunately, connection issues (they have to restart the server every 30 mins or some such) and the odd UI issue, and minor things like the helmet not moving along with TrackIR - but such is the price of having a alpha patch that's actually released on time. Laughing

Make sure you select a language from the launcher before you load into the game as well, I didn't and everything was in 'computer code speak'.

You'll have to rebind your keys again, but good news is they've added an unbind option, so now if you select the wrong thing you don't have to restart your entire keymap.

You chaps really need to work on your avatars though...

Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 5 StarCitizenContacts_zps4f107e7d
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:59 am

patch is not even loading
getting error loading meta file
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:04 am

You could try this, Hink - no idea if it'll work though. I'd look on the official forum but it's not loading at the moment:

Some Internet Bloke wrote:What worked for me was searching the Star Citizen install folder for "*.version" and deleting all files that came up in the search. This stopped the recurring metafile error and allowed the launcher to begin downloading the new patch.

Also make sure you have at least 20 GB of free space before you try to patch.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:14 am

seems to have done something
now downloading 2 patches
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:21 am

1 hour 50 min
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:56 pm

Haven't tried the patch yet. Good that I finally use the bed in my bmw and take a nap.
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next