19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Bridges Too Far!

3 posters

Go down

Three Bridges Too Far! Empty Three Bridges Too Far!

Post  Skip19 Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Training mission brief will appear here soon, I need to gauge your proficiency in 

A2A Radar modes and BVR/WVR combat
SAM Missile evasion
LGB's

In order to 'round out' the mission.  If any of these are causing problems let me know and I can tone down the threat where required.

As it stands the mission is to bomb three key bridges deep in DPRK territory using LGB's.  Early indications are of potential Mig-29, and AAA threats in the target areas.  Maps and full details to follow!
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Three Bridges Too Far! Empty Re: Three Bridges Too Far!

Post  MJDixon Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:58 pm

I'm fine with using LGBs and have practiced a bit with SAM evasion (could always use more practice though Razz), not really tried much BVR stuff, I usual find myself getting a missile shoved up my nose - but I can use the normal Air FCR to lock up targets and Dogfight override for WVR stuff.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:51 pm

1. SAM evasion. 
I don't fully understand the different types yet. I just tend to pop chaff and fly the opposite direction as fast as possible. Although my experience so far has come from using HARMs so I was actively looking for the SAMs!

2. BVR. 
I think i'm ok with that, I can work the radar in TWS and RWS modes select contacts and fire.

3. LGB.
Not tried that yet.

4.Mid Air refuelling
Had a go but couldn't connect.

By no means and expert on any of the above!
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:52 pm

Ok cheers Speedy, I'll get the mission details posted up on here later this evening, I don't think there will be any refuelling required.

If you get the chance, run through the training mission on LGB's, and watch this video.  It's pretty straightforward.

Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down