19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wings Of War board game?

2 posters

Go down

Wings Of War board game? Empty Wings Of War board game?

Post  Acroyer Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 am

Have any of you seen this interesting little board game? It is apparently produced in Europe, and marketed in the USA too. It combines little miniature airplanes (they fit in the palm of your hand) with cards and a couple of small maps, to simulate dogfights. They make several different versions, from a Dawn of Aces biplane set thru the Europeans air war to a Pacific Aces one.

I almost bought a Spitfire one last night, it was kind of cute.
Acroyer
Acroyer

Back to top Go down

Wings Of War board game? Empty Re: Wings Of War board game?

Post  Skip19 Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:09 am

I've heard of this - I know you're into your wargames, have you seen Flames of War?

it's nice, rules are a little complicated and the pieces are sooo expensive.
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Acroyer Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:27 am

Haven't seen Flames of War yet. The local gaming store has Wings of War for sale, and we visit the store regularly (Sunday evenings, is 'date night' for me and the wife). Apparently they have leagues, like bowling or poker, for this game. The "Early European Theater" set is $30-35, and features 109s, Spits, and Hurricanes according to the box. The "English version included" sticker on the front of the game boxes caught my eye. You rarely see Euro games for sale in the table top market anymore, at least not in the US. I might pick it up next month, or at least check out a game of it to see how it's played. It claims to be based on real world flight maneuvers and capabilities of the aircraft (different aircraft have different 'decks' of cards specific to that plane).

I might still buy the little Spitfire, too, lol.
Acroyer
Acroyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down