Wingnut Wings WWI Models

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wingnut Wings WWI Models

Post  MJDixon on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:17 am

All this RoFery has given me the urge to try my hand at making a WWI model kit or two, and it seems one of the leaders in this field is a company called Wingnut Wings, owned by some bloke called Pete Jackson? (never heard of him) Which look pretty well put together.

Naturally I'd like to work my way up to an SE5 eventually - though I must confess that I'm quite the Albatros fancier (damn those Germans and their stylish wood finish Aeroplanes!) In all honesty however I'll probably start with something reasonably simple, such as a Fokker E1, as the thought of all that rigging gives me nightmares...

(Not my models, obviously.  Laughing )

I also would've liked to have a go at the R.E.8 as I like the style of the ol' Harry, but unfortunately it's sold out.

Maybe in about 10 years I'll post a picture of one I've made, once I've got all the wires in the right place. Razz

"I look forward confidently to the exploits of our Fighter Pilots - these splendid men, this brilliant youth, who will have the glory of saving their native land, their island home, and all they love, from the most deadly of all attacks."

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wingnut Wings WWI Models

Post  hinkel1 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:26 pm

sounds like a plan.

Who knows eventually you would actually like to fly german planes online Wink

For myself I put painting planes on hold until i get a descent airbrush.

hinkel1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:35 pm

hinkel1 wrote:Who knows eventually you would actually like to fly german planes online Wink

M. J. von Rikertsohn of Jasta 19 has been known to make an appearance from time to time. Razz

That time was ok though as I was only shooting at Americans, serves them right for being late.

Might happen again if they keep having these French only scenarios on Syndicate...

"I look forward confidently to the exploits of our Fighter Pilots - these splendid men, this brilliant youth, who will have the glory of saving their native land, their island home, and all they love, from the most deadly of all attacks."

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:45 am

Good news!

Managed to get my hands on a Harry Tate. Very Happy

Suffice to say, however - that the out of production R.E.8 Kit will not be my first attempt at a WWI Model, probably not even my second!

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:10 am

have fun with it Smile
hinkel1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:34 pm

I was planning on making the 1:32 Gotha my ultimate WWI target, due to being the biggest model they make - but now they've gone and made a 1:32 Felixstowe (two, technically) Razz

That thing will have a wingspan of about 3 feet. Shocked

Hopefully I'll be getting an SE5 for Christmas, so might actually start making them now!

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top