19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squad Night 17/01/10!

Go down

Squad Night 17/01/10! Empty Squad Night 17/01/10!

Post  Skip19 Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:31 am

6 19 RAF pilots reported for duty.

S/Ldr MJDixon1
F/Sgt Dojo
F/Sgt Speedy77
P/O Dezey
L/Airman Jougal
Airman IC Daira.

Lifting from anywhere we could grab a Spitfire, we headed in to a massive battle being fought in the air above Grobbendonk.

Unfortunately, we got bounced repeatedly by high 109E4's, and despite some good hits and good teamwork, we lost 4 guys, myself and MJDixon managing to limp home with damaged planes.

4 of us returned, and got some altitude (lifting a good 15 minute flight away) in order to show the Bosch whose airspace it was!

We ended up entering the target area at 20k (impressive for Aircraftsman Daira in his hurricane!), and spotted the marauding yellow nosed 109s at about the same height. Daira bounced a lone 109, getting a good hit on him but unfortunately some debris from the stricken german fighter hit Daira's engine, taking him out of the fight.

Using superior tactics, we managed to force another 2 of the 109's down trailing white fluid. Another 2 109's came up, and we also sent them back to the cover of their Ack at Grobbendonk.

Feeling confident, we pressed the advantage down to 15k, unfortunately attracting the attention of another 5 109's who had entered the fight at 18k.

Not fancying the odds, and desperately short of Spitfires, I ordered us to immediately dive out and head for the relative safety of Antwerp.

Unbeknown to myself, MJDixon had already taken hits and was low on the ground, with Dezey some way ahead of him - a mix up in comms meant myself and Dezey turned back to help MJ, who had alreadyt ditched. We then ran into 5 angry 109's, who shot down Dezey and then harried me back to Antwerp.

Finally out of Spits, 19 RAF were asked to provide CAP over Soignes in the south, where a large Axis push was going ahead and many friendly bombers were over the target already.

We lost MJ on the way in with a flap issue on his hurricane, so the three of us ascended to 5k and held station.

within minutes we were bounced by 109's, and making good breaking turns to try and bring the 109's down to us, unfortunately Daira got exploded with a single pass, I was taken out by a collision with bersi who then flew merrily on to shoot Dezey down.

Fun, but frustrating night...

Soon the Spit 2 will arrive, and we will finally have the firepower to deal with these pesky 109s!
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down