19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine trouble!

3 posters

Go down

Engine trouble! Empty Engine trouble!

Post  MJDixon Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:52 am

Having a bit of trouble with my Spitfire (PC) - sometimes it'll start up, some times it won't.

Think it's a problem with the Cylinders (Graphics Card) - it can work perfectly one time, then if I come back and try to start it up it'll just cough at me.

I've opened up the cowling and cleaned out the inside, which usually does the trick, but didn't seem to help this time - I even took the thing out and reseated it but it still didn't work!

Eventually got it to start up by turning it on and off about 10 times and giving it a kick! So who knows if it'll work next time!

Thankfully this is just my very old Spit 1 that's parked up at home - I've got a brand new Spit at Uni with a fancy supercharged engine with 100 octane fuel and a variable pitch metal prop and negative G cutout fix and metal covered ailerons and cannons and the like. Razz

Just thought you should know incase I'm not in game between thursdays and mondays!
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Engine trouble! Empty Re: Engine trouble!

Post  Skip19 Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:03 am

thats all right, we're probably going to be grounded on squad nights anyway. Sad

Had a good start to the campaign, or not updated your sig yet?
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:07 am

Not updated my sig yet as I only got back from Uni yesterday so haven't had time, going to make some new sigs for the new chaps while I'm at home too - presuming my PC works that is.

Though I am currently 9 - 0 as far as Air Combat goes this campaign, so can't complain. Razz

We had 7 Pilots on for the tuesday Squad Night by the way - and the server worked as well, if that makes you feel any better - which I thought was rather a good show if I do say so myself, seeing as everyone else in the Allied Forces seems to be too busy running around saying how doomed we all are to actually kill the enemy.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Public001 Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:41 am

Try updating your drivers, usually works for me Smile
Public001
Public001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum