19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G'day 19th

+2
Skip19
Blaze
6 posters

Go down

G'day 19th Empty G'day 19th

Post  Blaze Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:56 am

Hi guys,

My ingame name is Blaze194, I have been playing BGE for around four years on and off. I'm 21 from England, and have only been in one other squad when I started the game called the Royal Green Jackets. Since that went sour I have been lone wolfing ever since. If you want to know more let me know. Smile
Blaze
Blaze

Back to top Go down

G'day 19th Empty Re: G'day 19th

Post  Blaze Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:59 am

(Accidently posted without putting my skill level down).
Well I wouldn't say I'm the worst pilot and I'm not the best either. Only having flew solo for most of my time I've obviously been at a big disadvantage. But I have played quite a few flying games over the years including this one of course. Although there are a few things I could still learn here... mainly how to remember to slow down and not overshoot my target (and in the worst case overshoot into the ground). Razz
Blaze
Blaze

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:53 pm

S!

glad to have you on board Blaze. Should be doing some training on tactics and such on Sunday night, normally after about 8 ish, so if you can read some of the tactical stuff on the Standard Operating Procedure threads, (I've given you access to our private area) then you'll have a heads up on what we do and how we (try to) do it Smile

As you can hopefully tell from the rest of the posts here, we are primarily a fighter squadron, using Spitfires, and also provide CAS and other mission types when necessary in RAF rides. Be handy to know your way around a Havoc and a Blen just in case.

The Squad is currently around 7 or 8 on squad nights, most of us UK based but we have had guys from the USA, Portugal, Holland, Austria, Italy, Belgium and Sweden flying for us, so we have quite a continental feel at times!

We fly in Sections of 2 aircraft grouped into Flights of two sections - and try to utilise Section tactics to stop us getting shot down as much. It seems to work some of the time!

apart from that, welcome to 19 RAF. Myself, MJDixon, Speedy77, Dezey or Voodoo1 can recruit you in game.

(oh, and don't use '19th', as we are properly titled No. 19 Squadron RAF so its 19 Squadron or 19 RAF, never 19th. LaughingWink )
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:03 pm

S! Blaze194,

Glad to see you get in touch with the 19th Squadron RAF. You being in England and in the right Time Zone, and all. I try to read the WWII Online forums on a regular basis, I'm glad I saw your first post when you were looking. These guys should be good for flight training and tactics,...as soon as I get online I too will need some. I hope to see you in game soon.

Good Hunting! . . . -

Last edited by Carolina on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Carolina
Carolina

Back to top Go down

Post  greg1488 Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:42 pm

Good to have you on board Blaze Smile

I too are upgrading my pc next week and will be off line on wednesday till satuarday
greg1488
greg1488

Back to top Go down

Post  yozz76 Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:54 am

Looking forward to flying with ya Blaze.
yozz76
yozz76

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaze Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:42 am

Thanks for the welcome guys! (and I will make sure not to make that mistake again Mattson Razz)
And thanks Carolina for the reccomendation in the first place. Very Happy
Blaze
Blaze

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:57 am

S! Blaze, glad to have you with us. Smile

Looking forward to shooting at Jerries with you!
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum