19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruddy Computers

3 posters

Go down

Ruddy Computers Empty Ruddy Computers

Post  MJDixon Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:34 am

Aren't they just great? Backbone of the modern age - gateway to the future!

Like today where my 1 day old External Hard Drive decided to stop working just after I moved all my Pictures, Music, Downloads and Guncam Videos into it - before deciding to start working again about 5 minutes later, oh how I laughed!

HA-HA-HA.

Sort of like moving all the Women and Children into the Lifeboats incase you get attacked by ze Germans - then having a Torpedo blow up the Lifeboat. Razz

'Ruddy Computers!
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Ruddy Computers Empty Re: Ruddy Computers

Post  Zenior Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:40 am

Sorry to hear that MJ.

Hardware will seize to function sooner or later.
Backup is the solution.

Could be the partition-table that is lost. Saw this recently on a new external disk.
If that's the case the data is still there - just not easily accessable.
If you have understand what I'm talking about, you can get the right tools here:
http://www.partitionsupport.com/utilities.htm
If not, maybe you know someone that can help you. It's not likely that they can help to resque your data where you bought the disk.
Zenior
Zenior

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:38 am

Thanks Zenior, don't worry though - it started working again after it stopped, it's just very annoying when you move all your stuff there then it stops working for no aparant reason. Razz
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezey Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:15 pm

Might be worth getting it exchanged if itd new. I wouldnt fancy relying on it for backups.
Dezey
Dezey

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:38 pm

It's not for backups, it's just for stuff like Music and Guncam recordings so I can make room on my PC for games (only ever seem to have 1gb or so space at the most) - plus it means I can record entire sorties with Growler Guncam as it records into the 1tb External Hard Drive.

Also it's the shape of a Box, and is also painted Black - so if I get crash my Plane at some point I can find out what happened by examining the black box. Razz
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum