19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARMA II

3 posters

Go down

ARMA II Empty ARMA II

Post  speedy77 Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:08 am

I know I'm behind the times with this one, but I've just got a copy of ARMA II and was just wondering whether any of you good fellows have played it?
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

ARMA II Empty Re: ARMA II

Post  MJDixon Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:13 am

Been playing the Operation: Flashpoint series since 2001 (OFP - ArmA - ArmA II) and it's my favorite game series, if that counts. Razz

There's a British Forces pack coming out next month for ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead (the expansion) - which adds British Radio Voices as well as British units - which should be good. Very Happy
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:24 am

I've seen the screen shots of British Forces pack and it looks damn good, shame it's not compatible with Arma2 though Evil or Very Mad

I'm still trying to get my head into the game though, just started the Harvest Red campaign and spent much of that time tweaking the graphics to a playable level! Gone from everything maxed out to everything low or normal Crying or Very sad

I'm also finding the controls a bit awkward atm, which makes playing it feel a bit 'clunky'. But it's still early days!
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:32 am

Aye it can be a bit of a PC eating machine, mine goes shockingly slow when I enter the towns etc like Chernogorsk.

Here are two of the best community web sites by the way, incase you're interested in mods and such (which there are many, many, many of):

ArmaHolic

Armed Assault Info

And the Official Forums:

Bohemia Interactive Forums

What I like doing at the moment is making Dynamic Campaigns (where you start off at a Base and an AI Officer gives you a generic mission - like "Go here and destroy the Radar Site" or "Assassinate this Officer" - then mixing it with the DAC Dynamic AI Creator - which creates AI Patrols all over the Island.

Then fill your base with crates full of all the fancy Community made Weapon Packs, so you can get yourself tooled up before heading out.

Nothing like trying to sneak a 4 man SAS Patrol miles behind enemy lines to your objective without being killed horribly. Razz
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezey Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:35 am

lol I thought this was an online multi player ?
Dezey
Dezey

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:42 am

It can be played online Dezey, but it's not in the same league as WW2 online for that side of gaming. Its just a offline jaunt for me... when I can find the time that is!
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down