19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glenn Miller and the Heinkel that refused to die

3 posters

Go down

Glenn Miller and the Heinkel that refused to die Empty Glenn Miller and the Heinkel that refused to die

Post  MJDixon Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:54 am

As it's my Birthday I've made a present for Dojo, I swear it's meant to be the other way around, but what do I know. Razz

MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Glenn Miller and the Heinkel that refused to die Empty Re: Glenn Miller and the Heinkel that refused to die

Post  Dezey Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:52 am

Like a cat with a mouse, a drunk cat mind ;-). Salute to the Axis pilot for sticking with it, many would have despawned. He must have thought he'd have a chance from his gun turrets. Btw you looked to have your Trackir on all the time there ? I was just wondering after our convo about centering. Also where r u supposed to hit these ? Was it wing roots or was the the Stuka ?
Dezey
Dezey

Back to top Go down

Glenn Miller and the Heinkel that refused to die Empty Re: Glenn Miller and the Heinkel that refused to die

Post  MJDixon Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:56 am

I have TrackIR on all the time, yeah - if it ever gets un-centred then it'll only be by afew mm or so, so not realy much trouble in a dogfight, although I usualy re-centre it when everything is calm again.

As for where to shoot them, it was the wing root for Stukas.

There was an RAF WW2 Training video on YouTube that showed you how to attack a He 111, but I can't find it.

I think what you're supposed to do is come in from the sides above it (out of the gun arcs) and target the top gunner who's looking to the rear.

After the gunner is dead you can sit on the tail of the Bomber and take out the engines without much trouble from the remaining Gunners.

What I tried to do at first was hit the engines in side attacks - then tried to fly in at his cockpit to try to take out the Pilot from the front.

Probably did get the Pilot, mind - just that he would've had Autopilot on or Trim if he was using the gunner possitions.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:04 am

ah, reminded me of some pleasant evenings with a young lady...

yes, heinkels are tricky buggers to finish off, however you can dewing them with cannon if you hit the right spot. As MJ Rightly says, best thing to do is try and go for the cockpit from above.

Glenn Miller and the Heinkel that refused to die 4255703953_db1bb892a4

as you can see from the pic, the fuel tanks are between the engine nacelles and the fuselage, then on the outer side of the engine. A raking shot with cannons across the wing, from outside to inside can flame or de-wing a 111.
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down