19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TeamSpeak 3

4 posters

Go down

TeamSpeak 3 Empty TeamSpeak 3

Post  Skip19 Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:51 pm

ok, bit of a controversial one here, but if anyone is interested I think after last night we should try TS3. It's faster, and also we could host it here (i.e in the UK) which would eliminate most of the lag.

I'll download it tonight and see if i can set it up.

I'll host it for now, and post the details here if anyone wants to give it a go.

I know this would be taking us away from the Allied TS server, and I for one will definitely miss Oyaji and Angriff joining us on channel Razz

any thoughts?
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

TeamSpeak 3 Empty Re: TeamSpeak 3

Post  Daira Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:19 pm

It could be useful for training or closed ops where we probably won't need assistance from outsiders. We can always go back to the other server (or run 2 clients) when we need to.

Daira

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:25 pm

can you run two clients at the same time?

to be honest, I really don't think being on allied TS has any rel benefits (over having our own server say) at all. The only times I've been on with other (none 19 RAF) guys they are distracting or annoying or just deadly silent.

I've flown with a couple of other squads on their TS and most people (as far as I can tell) don't use TeamSpeak Overlay so half the time they don't know who you are anyway, and when I flew with 84th they had a guy called dojapro, who they called doja on teamspeak - and no one listened when I did speak up. Kind of frustrating :lol

Yeah I'm not that fussed about being on channel with a load of other guys who aren;t interested in my well being. I believe in brevity and usefuleness in our comms, rather then a load of people chit-chatting about what they did one time when they rammed a 109... blah blah blah Smile
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Daira Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:32 pm

I ran an rdp run with some people a while ago. The lines were kept mostly clear for intel and orders, the whole thing was pretty well-organized. Dair was also in the op and it did get pretty confusing when they wanted to tell me or him something, but they mostly recognized who was speaking at any given time (Probably because I was the only strange voice Smile)

So yeah, a private server would be good and we can invite people into it if needed.

Daira

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:44 am

I think this is a good idea. I tend not to use teamspeak if no one else from the squad is on anyway, so it makes sense to use the better program. I've also noticed that others often use our channel if none of 19 squad are in anyway!

Looking at the TS3 website, it does seem far better (although still in beta). It has a nifty Text-Speech feature which may be of help if people haven't got mics, and should be faster and clearer. It does seem that you can run TS2 client and TS3 client at the same time, though they are not compatible with of each other.

So in theory, for joint squad ops you could be in a 'public' TS2 channel and our 'private' TS3 channel at the same time. I guess you would just need two different 'Push to Talk' keys and then remember to press the right one for the TS client you need!
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Right, TS3 server downloaded and it's all set up. I'll post the details over in private forum!

You'll need to get TS3 Client from here

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads&type=ts3_windows_client_latest

then we should be good to go!

S!
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:48 am

Sorted.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:08 pm

rgr that mj.

There are some funky things, I'm gonna see if I can make a 'sounds' pack with some RAF British voices on.

Also, there is some sort of text-to speech function, I'm not sure if it's macro related - so the idea would be you could push a button that would play a wav file.

I'm looking into it further.

server is up and running now!
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:14 pm

haha, I was looking for somw sounds and I found this - anyone who has played Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator will remember this!!

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/deskapps/games/public/combatfs/british.zip

"There's a bandit on my six!"

"Keep as low as you can to stay out of the Ack!"

"Raise your landing gear!"

Laughing
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:40 pm

"Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory" has some pretty good British voices in it, for example:

"Watch it before you cut my tail off with your 'ruddy prop!"

"Tennis Leader to Tennis Squadron, Tally-ho! Tally-ho! Bandits at 12 o'clock low - a gaggle of 109s up above, let's cut some cake!"

Also if you press the "Break!" key when there's nothing about they basicly say:

"Shut up!" Razz

Don't know how easy they are to extract, mind - I'll have a look later.

I know the voices in IL-2 are quite easy to get as they're just in a folder.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum