19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PvP/Joint-Ops invitation

3 posters

Go down

PvP/Joint-Ops invitation Empty PvP/Joint-Ops invitation

Post  Eagle-Eye Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:18 pm

Hey guys,

I'm Eagle-Eye, member of the Belgian Virtual Tigers. We're a small Belgian group of 10 flight sim enthusiasts, that aim to simulate the 31st Tiger Squadron (based at Kleine Brogel). Through another forum, where we are currently looking for new members, one of your pilots told me that you have recently begun flying in Falcon 4 BMS 4.32U4, so I'm here to kindly invite you to come and fly with us once in a while. Very Happy

If my assumptions are correct, you are relatively new to the Falcon-scene, whereas we have a combined total of well over 50 years of Falcon-experience. Because of this, our current idea is to create a PvP-mission first, to see where we stand relative to each other. Afterwards, we'd organize a joint-ops mission, so we can share a bit of information, tactics, procedures, ... and to conclude, we'd have another PvP.

Depending on how these first few events go, we could maybe fly together regularly in the future. After all, as more pilots are flying, mission possibilities/opportunities are increased and it just gets a lot more fun.Wink

If you are interested, you can contact us by replying here, sending a PM on the BMS Forum (contact Gunz031 and/or myself), or through our Facebook-page (as I'm not allowed to post links yet, just add "/pages/Belgian-Virtual-Tigers/219098254896330" after the normal Facebook-homepage link).

Looking forward to hear from you. Smile

Kind regards,
Eagle-Eye - "BVT_22"
Eagle-Eye
Eagle-Eye

Back to top Go down

PvP/Joint-Ops invitation Empty Re: PvP/Joint-Ops invitation

Post  Skip19 Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Ah thanks for that invitation Eagle-Eye, saw you browsing the forums.

As you can probably tell we're primarily a WWII flight sim group, but recently we had another member interested in some RAF based Falcon 4 BMS ops so I'm trying to get us together to see if we can pool our resources in the jet-sim world.

I've done some multiplayer F4 TE's, and a bit of online PvP, but I'm the only 19 RAF member to have done so atm. As you can see from the forum we are still trying to get a three or four ship training flight, sorting out Ports and multiplayer connections and making sure everyone can at least do the basics before we try anything more complicated.

So without trying to run before we can walk I'd like to provisionally accept your invitation but I'll have to hold off until we are up to what I would like to consider 'Operational' status!

My primary goal of extending 19 Squadrons' operations outside of WWI and WWII is to broaden our potential visitors and extend our virtual presence a little further than we currently do, so it's nice to see that it's working at least!

Of course I would like to return your invite, as WWIIOL has now got a 'free to play' option you would be most welcome to join us on a mission in the virtual skies of 1940's europe should you feel that way inclined - the aircraft are a little easier to learn, but a little harder to fly - and the bombs aren't quite as accurate and you don't get any missiles! Laughing
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Eagle-Eye Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:18 am

Thanks for the quick reply, Skip. Smile

I fully understand your view on the matter, and will wait for further contact on the BMS PvP/JO then. Wink

Regarding WWII Flying: the BVT started with Combat Flight Simulator 1 and up until a few years ago, they were very active in IL-2, so there is some familiarity with the aircraft. However, general BVT interest in that era has been a bit on the down-low lately, though I believe some still play World of Tanks and/or War Thunder, so I'll ask around to see if anyone's interested. Smile

After a quick glance at the WWIIOL website, it's an MMO-game with all aspects about war (ground, air, sea) covered, but I assume you are mainly/solely focusing on the air-part?
Eagle-Eye
Eagle-Eye

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:38 am

Yes, we are pretty much the only UK/Euro based air squad on the allied side! The real beauty of the MMO combined arms game is that when you fly low over the frontline in a hurribomber and strafe the snot out of a Sdkfz 232, its a real person sat in front of their PC who has driven for 45 minutes and is preventing your side from taking a stragetic location or whatever, so there is a real feeling of achievement! It also means the player controlled AAA is fairly annoying, many a sortie has been cut short flying too low over the enemy bases, however you do get the opportunity to blow them up too (and any other squishies that you may come across!) so it's pretty satisfying.

We primarily fly BARCAP missions against the luftwaffe airfields, or if it is quiet in the air we fly Havoc low level bomber sorties. It is a persistent server, and the campaign lasts as long as it takes one side to get the advantage and capture the other sides factories - it usually lasts around 3 weeks, and every week or so a new set of aircraft/armour appear in relation to the date, so you get Spitfire Mk1a's vs Bf109 E4's when the campaign starts, and then Spitfire Mk IXc versus Fw-190's when it ends. The 'free to play' restrictions are based around rank, and the equipment is also restricted by rank so F2P'ers can't always spawn the top stuff - but of course I'd put my money on 4 Hurricanes being flown by experienced dogfighters over luftwaffe lone wolfs anyday!

There are some videos on the forum somewhere so you can see the gameplay. We've been doing it for ~3 years or so, I'd really like to see how the skills we have honed here transfer to the modern air combat world and Falcon gives us the opportunity to try that out, so hopefully we can sort something out and get flying with yourselves. Very Happy

Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:37 am

welkom op ons forum

grts

hinkel aka confict
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down