19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was there trim back in ye olden days ?

5 posters

Go down

Was there trim back in ye olden days ? Empty Was there trim back in ye olden days ?

Post  Dezey Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:23 am

Anyone know why my plane wants to go vertical unless I have constant forward pressure ? Im using full training wheels atm.

Bloody frustrating I just seem to fly round in circles with some gerry up my trumpet. Its bloody cheeky to have to BUY your dials as well.
Dezey
Dezey

Back to top Go down

Was there trim back in ye olden days ? Empty Re: Was there trim back in ye olden days ?

Post  hinkel1 Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 pm

buy the personalisation so at least you can shoot behind you with your colt Smile

i have it with most of my planes that i have to keep a forward pressure. someone on rof forum explained why this is happening but can t find the post atm.

hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Was there trim back in ye olden days ? Empty Re: Was there trim back in ye olden days ?

Post  MJDixon Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Not entirely sure, but I think they did have a basic sort of trim in WWI, but it might have been the sort that was pre-set before the flight, so that it would fly level at a certain speed, rather than the variable trim we have in WW2 stuff.

I don't seem to have any issues with the Aircraft wanting to loop as far as I can tell, if there is then I must have just gotten used to it because it doesn't strike me as something I notice, I'll have to go check.

Could be that you need to fiddle abou with you joystick curves or something, that's what everyone seems to say - can't say I've tried it myself.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:25 am

I found the same on the Se.5a.I did some digging in the forums a while back, and the short of it is that it seems to to be an error in the flight model issue. The work around is to tweak your joystick pitch curve in the control settings, so rather than a perfect diagonal line you curve it into a broad J shape. I would post a screenshot on my settings, but not being at home at the moment makes that a bit tricky.
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:10 am

Ah good old dezey!

You on the demo version with the SPAD and the Albatross, or did you go the whole hog and buy the bloody thing?
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezey Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:46 am

Yup Skip. I thought Id try the free jobby 1st before buying but it seems its the same except for just 2 planes. I did try and buy an online upgrade but bought the wrong one ah hem. They did kindly refund my money.

The demo version is supposd to give FULL access to the campaigns. Of course when I checked one only 3 out of 10 or so missions can be flown in the Spad the rest need a new plane. Anyway so far its a struggle. The going verticle issue happens with all planes so I'll try those curves thanks for the tip Speedy.
Dezey
Dezey

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:52 am

its not bad you know, I bought the SE5, Camel, Dolphin and a frenchy one, plus the field mods for about £15, which is what I was expecting to pay for the game itself.

If you compare it to BE, (paying £8 a month for 12 months), it works out much cheaper to buy a plane or two a month in the long run!

I'm going to get the Tripe and the Pup next, then some bombers Very Happy
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:33 am

Good choices Skip, from my limited experience I've found the Pup to be the best mid-war turn fighter, with the Tripe being just behind (though online you usually find the Pup only comes in limited supply, so best to have both.)

Not sure if the Pup actually turns better than the Tripe, but it seems to be more stable.

Either that of the SPAD VII, for 19 Squadron-age, though it's a Boom and Zoom Fighter, much like the SE5a.

As for bombers I'd recommend the Harry Tate, as it's available for most of the war, it's not massively fast or fancy, but its a sturdy old crate and it gets the job done, plus it's the best looking Allied two-seater, in a sort of rugged fighting machine way, if I do say so myself. Razz
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum