19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAC - What do you think?

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FAC -  What do you think? - Page 2 Empty Re: FAC - What do you think?

Post  Acroyer Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:41 am

LOL, no I've an open mind about the AHC in general (no pun intended).

I've always felt that the concept of a player run Command structure, in a large scale war game simulation, was a great thing to have and one of the things that sets WW2OL apart from other 'war games'. The biggest disappointment to me in the system (back then) was the lack of emphasis on professionalism and conduct - the AHC spent more time fighting amongst itself than it did fighting the enemy, and there were literally no penalties for bad behavior. At the time we had several different scandals going on, and it felt like the last days of Rome (lol). I'm still critical of anyone who acts unprofessional while "playing" an officer (HC or not), and I still see it going on at times.

Coming back I saw they had removed the "allied" and "axis" trainers, in favor of a "community trainer" concept, and had removed scheduled training as well. I have mixed emotions about that, but much has changed in the game in a few years, so I won't criticize the decision. I do think we need regular, standardized training, if we want to attract new players and retain the older ones.

(Realizes he's being an 'old duffer' and rambling, so he goes to take a nap).
Acroyer
Acroyer

Back to top Go down

Post  shane21 Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:50 am

lol well I took your name of and removed the link here, but plastered 19 squadron over it, so you should be alright Smile
as for the "old duffer" remark - it's good to see people who have been there before. It's harder being there making the decisions than it is to be playing and complaining about what should have been done lol Smile
S!

shane21

Back to top Go down

Post  Loupvert Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:32 am

Wow, what interesting answers you have wrote here guys, that's great, thank you very much.

Whatever may be said on the other forum, I know what I owe to the 19 Sqn!

Loupvert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum