19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is your Life: 'Johnnie' Johnson, Spitfire Ace

3 posters

Go down

This is your Life: 'Johnnie' Johnson, Spitfire Ace Empty This is your Life: 'Johnnie' Johnson, Spitfire Ace

Post  MJDixon Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:32 am

Skipper was on about buying 'Johnnie' Johnson's book and I said I saw a this is your life with him - and to cut a short story shorter, here it be:

Interesting about the 'challenge' in the press between he and the German Ace (sort of like the WW2 version of the forums Razz ) but when they actualy meet it's as if they're good friends - ironic when you look at the crap people spew at eachother in the Hangar and it's only a game.

Is it wrong that I imagine the American Pilot is Dundas or Riviat? Razz

And by god he walks like a proper chap I must say!
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

This is your Life: 'Johnnie' Johnson, Spitfire Ace Empty Re: This is your Life: 'Johnnie' Johnson, Spitfire Ace

Post  Dezey Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:19 am

All rather top hole what what ?? I think he got that walk from spending too much time with royalty eating cucumber sandwiches.

I didnt realise that some Allied aces got that that many kills as they generally did less less tours than the Axis pilots. Good guns Sir !

Dezey
Dezey

Back to top Go down

This is your Life: 'Johnnie' Johnson, Spitfire Ace Empty Re: This is your Life: 'Johnnie' Johnson, Spitfire Ace

Post  speedy77 Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:57 pm

I can't watch the clip at moment, being at work and all that, so I can't comment on the walk!

I did read his book 'Wing Leader' quite a few years back. It's interesting that he didn't really get going until 1941 when the RAF were conducting fighter sweeps over France, incurring heavy loses in the process. So to make it through that as a 'noob' then go on to be the highest scoring RAF ace, is very good guns indeed!
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down