Started my Spitfire...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Started my Spitfire...

Post  Skip19 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:17 pm

my new Airfix 1:48 Spitfire Mk1 is out of the box and ready to build.

It seems the kit contains not only parts for the Mk 1, the Mk 1a and the Mk II, but also the cannons for the IIb and Vb as well. So I might make a IIb instead, I would just need to change the wing slightly (add the bumps for the Hispanos!)

It is going to be an open cockpit one with no pilot, and I'll make it Dojo's old Spitifre QV-S.

anyway more to come including some pics as I crack on with it! I started the cockpit painting last night, its lacking a bit of detail inside so I'll be adding some bits and pieces to it as I go along.

pip pip!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Started my Spitfire...

Post  speedy77 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:03 am

I look forward to seeing the pics!

I don't know how you, and MJ, have time to fit in all the gaming and model building. Do you sleep? or not eat? Razz
speedy77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:34 am

Well I'm an ex-student, don't know what his excuse is. Laughing

Look forward to seeing the Spit IIb Skip! can keep my Boston safe from the pesky Germans. Wink

I presume you're going to paint it in the early Brown/Green Camo like in game, as opposed to Grey/Green - any reason you're going for QV-S as opposed to QV-G?

I'll be going for a Spitfire next, either a Tamiya 1:48 Spitfire Mk I in QV-J markings (seeing as there's a company who make them. Very Happy ) or this little kit:

Tamiya 1:32 Supermarine Spitfire Mk. IXc

I know I'm not the biggest fan of the Spit IX, but that looks like one beast of a kit! Smile

"I look forward confidently to the exploits of our Fighter Pilots - these splendid men, this brilliant youth, who will have the glory of saving their native land, their island home, and all they love, from the most deadly of all attacks."

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:12 am

MJDixon wrote:Well I'm an ex-student, don't know what his excuse is. Laughing

Look forward to seeing the Spit IIb Skip! can keep my Boston safe from the pesky Germans. Wink

I presume you're going to paint it in the early Brown/Green Camo like in game, as opposed to Grey/Green - any reason you're going for QV-S as opposed to QV-G?

Mattson wrote:It is going to be an open cockpit one with no pilot, and I'll make it Dojo's old Spitifre QV-S.
Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:36 am

seat

instrument panel

fuselage halves (blurry, sorry about that phone camera Smile)

test fit (with blu-tac!)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:37 am

side view of fitted cockpit (camera decided to flash hence the more correct looking cockpit green! Smile)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:09 am

Very Nice. Very Happy

I like the detail on the instrument panel and the sight dot on the gunsight, what are the seatbelts made out of?

"I look forward confidently to the exploits of our Fighter Pilots - these splendid men, this brilliant youth, who will have the glory of saving their native land, their island home, and all they love, from the most deadly of all attacks."

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:34 am

MJDixon wrote:Very Nice. Very Happy

I like the detail on the instrument panel and the sight dot on the gunsight, what are the seatbelts made out of?

masking tape!! I might paint them, I might not. The cockpit detail is all right, you won't see much with the cockpit open anyway so the painting is a bit rough and ready.

fuselage halves are together now, and you can't see much at all!!

hows bossie going?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top