19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi everyone

5 posters

Go down

Hi everyone Empty Hi everyone

Post  Vandle Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:35 am

Hi everyone, Are you guys looking for any new squad members atm? I saw your Squadron while checking out the SOW site.
I live in the UK, 56yo and have had a few years playing FSX, DCS A10C and recently installed IL2 CLOD.
I have mainly been flying offline but i have done a few lone wolf sorties on the ATAG and SOW servers but i'm really inexperienced at multiplayer and probably couldn't hit a barn door if it appeared in front of me Smile
Comfortable flying the 109's and Spits but i have decided i would like to play as Red.
Anyways hope to hear from you soon.
Fly Safe
Vandle

Vandle

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone Empty Re: Hi everyone

Post  MJDixon Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:19 am

Hi Vandle.

We're always on the look out for new squad members, so would be happy to fly with you!  Smile

At the moment we primarily fly Cliffs of Dover on the Storm of War Server, as well as the WWI Flight Sim Rise of Flight - I also personally fly a bit of DCS, though it's not something we do as a squad at the moment (but if and when they add more WW2 stuff then you never know).

Other than that we play a bit of IL2 Battle of Stalingrad, and are gearing up to play Star Citizen in the future, once it's a bit further along in development.

On the Storm of War Server we usually fly the Spitfire, but also the Hurricane in the event that we run low on Spitfires, and on occasion the Blenheim for offensive strikes, depending on if there are a lot of enemy fighters around.

Our 'official' squad nights are Tuesday and Thursday evenings from around 7:45pm - 10:00pm British time, where we fly on the Storm of War Server, in addition to that we sometimes fly on a Sunday evening at the same time, though that's often when we fly other sims.

Our next Storm of War session will probably be Tuesday from 7:45pm (as we'll be trying Star Citizen this Sunday), so you're more than welcome to join us on Tuesday if you want to try some flying with us. Very Happy

When we're on Storm of War we can be found on the SoW TeamSpeak 3 Server, which is at:

IP= 85.236.101.5:10427
Password= stormofwar

We'll be in the sub-channel called "19RAF (LUTON)", on the RAF side - in addition, feel free to add me to your Steam friend list, that way you'll be able to see when we're online and when we're playing Cliffs of Dover, etc, as well as text chat with us - my Steam name is "19RAF MJDixon (QV-J)"

I look forward to hearing from you, and welcome! Smile

P.S. Heinkels are bigger than your average barn door, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Laughing
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:25 pm

hi vandle
welcome on the forum
looking forward flying with you.
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Welcome Vandle. Very Happy
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  Vandle Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:08 am

Cheers guys, looking forward to flying with you soon.

Vandle

Back to top Go down

Post  Raz Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:12 am

Welcome Vandle!
Raz
Raz

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:15 pm

It was good to meet you tonight, Vandle - it's just a shame that the game was being a bit buggy.

I've accepted your Steam invite, so will talk you through registering when I next see you. Smile
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Vandle Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:12 am

I enjoyed the flight and was good to meet the guys as well, looking forward to the next time

Vandle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum