19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAR 16/11/2010

3 posters

Go down

AAR 16/11/2010 Empty AAR 16/11/2010

Post  speedy77 Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:00 am

Speedy77 jumped out of bed with great excitement; there was a new box of Frosties to be opened and a freebie to be had. With his bike now festooned with another ‘Tony says you’re Great!’ sticker he checked his stabilizers, combed the handlebar tassels, and set off for the squadron dispersal.

After parking his bike, he removed his helmet, bicycle clips and entered the dispersal hut. Glancing around a sign on the CO’s door reminded him of the recent changes in the squadron:

“Dear noobs. I’m off to teach monkeys to fly better than you. Don’t touch my stuff. Don’t mess up the place. And don’t let Speedy decorate his Spitfire. Dojo (now retired).”

The ensuing leadership contest was a vicious affair. Speedy and MJ had gone through 23 rounds of rock, paper, scissors both sticking with paper every time. It was agreed that the toss of a coin should decide it. “Heads I win, tails you lose” suggested MJ.

Cursing his luck at losing 7 coin tosses in a row, Speedy had to be content with XO and a change of quarters to one overlooking the WAAF shower block. The new CO MJ rushed off to his Media Suite to add more ribbons to his jacket.

The rest of the squadron were more concerned that Dezey’s French film collection had disappeared. The finger of suspicion pointed squarely at the ex CO. Zenior said he had some films that were all about the Hygge if anyone was interested. Dezey said in his vast experience of exotic films he hadn’t come across that genre before, but was sure being Scandinavian there would be some sauna and snow angel action in there. Disaster avoided, the plucky pilots retired to their armchair of choice, except for Greg who headed for his bath he had installed in the corner.

When the squadron scramble sounded and the pilots bolted for the door, Speedy made a mental note to suggest a privacy screen around Greg’s bath as no one should have to see what they had just seen. Scrambling into his Spit 2b he shook the thought from his head, fired up the engine, saluted to Britney, MJ called “chocks away” and 19 Squadron roared in the air.

Lifting from Cambrai and Climbing to Angels 20 they patrolled the southern sector around the contested towns of La Capelle and La Fere. With few contacts at high alt, the squadron patrolled lower and lower until a number of contacts were discovered and in the ensuing engagements 2 109s were downed by the CO, unfotunatley Zenior was hit at altitude by a lucky shot from AAA, and forced to bail. Low on ammo MJ called a general RTB.

For the second sortie the squadron lifted from Brussels. Now joined by Dezey, they patrolled the area around BoZ at Angels 15. The town was being harried by marauding stukas, so Speedy led Greg low over the town with MJ and Dezey remaining as high cover. A lone stuka was discovered hugging flak near the town. With several friendlies already engaging him the patrol headed further East and soon encountered more Hun attempting to reach the town. Speedy evaded a head-on attack from a 110 and noticed a 109 at a higher alt. The 110 was engaged by the low section, and the high section took care of the 109. Climbing East to gain height more EA were encountered. After taking out a Stuka, a 109 had latched on to Greg. Speedy and MJ attempted to force the 109 to break off, but low on ammo Speedy could only score hits with hits with his mgs and although the 109 did break off, Greg had taken critical damage and was down. In the Melee Dezey has also taken hits and his engine seized, but was able to ditch successfully. MJ and Speedy were able to extract themselves and RTB safely. Speedy claiming 3 confirmed kills.

With his job done for the night Speedy headed into the mess for a well deserved ale. After removing the sticks from his wheels, how they always got there he still didn’t know, he set off to watch the WAAFs shower block.
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

AAR 16/11/2010 Empty Re: AAR 16/11/2010

Post  MJDixon Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 am

Another classic as usual, Speedy old boy! Razz

Although I am surprised, as I always go scissors!
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezey Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:59 am

Brilliant Speedy, had me laughing out loud again ! I really wish you' d write a book. Maybe you could knock one up inbetween sorties ?
Dezey
Dezey

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Thanks chaps Very Happy

It takes me long enough to come up with this twaddle for 1 AAR, so I think I leave the book idea for a while!
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down