19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new PC for Skipper!

4 posters

Go down

A new PC for Skipper! Empty A new PC for Skipper!

Post  Skip19 Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Afternoon chaps, no no sit down sit down...

Hows tricks? I've got a new PC (shiny!) and I've been trying to download and update some of those old things we used to knock about - RoF, CloD etc. I've got CloD up to 4.312 or whatever, I think that's the TF version.

Whats going on at the moment?

I may well be able to jump on somewhere sometime, possibly a thursday - kids are a bit more grown up now and there may even be time for a couple of hours of intensive flying. Let me know where you are all at at the moment! I've got Arma III as well, I see you've been messing about with that as well Very Happy I just use it for flying choppers around, but it looked a bit like some sort of WWII mod you had going?

I'm not doing Star Citizen though Razz, I went all in on Elite Dangerous instead. Saying that, this new PC could probably handle Star Citizen a bit better... no, no I'm not going to do that. Very Happy

Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

A new PC for Skipper! Empty Re: A new PC for Skipper!

Post  MJDixon Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:39 pm

Skip19 wrote:I'm not doing Star Citizen though Razz, I went all in on Elite Dangerous instead.

Holy War in 3... 2... 1...  Laughing

How do, Skip! At the moment we mainly play Cliffs of Dover with the TF mod on Thursdays and Sundays, usually a sortie at 19:15 then a second one at around 20:15.

Then on Tuesday we play ArmA III, currently using the Iron Front and Czechoslovakia 1938 mods, to play a WW2 Capture the Island scenario.

We still technically play Rise of Flight and Star Citizen, but there are only so many days in the week, and both Thursday and Sunday are the main event days for the Storm of War Server in CloD.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:33 pm

Sounds good. I'll have to get back up to speed on flying that bloody Spitfire though, I kept blowing the engine up last night even though I had my rad open.Smile

How do I get Arma up to scratch with the mods? I like the sound of that!
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:36 am

For ArmA III we use a tool called Play withSix, which keeps mods and the like up to date, you can download it here:

WithSix

(Should be the one at the bottom of the page, 'play withSIX')

As for the mods themselves, we use the following from Play WithSix:

ACE 3 - @ACE3
ACEX - @acex_a3
ASR AI3 - @ASR_AI3
Community Base Addons - @CBA_A3
CSA38 mod - @csa38 (Downgraded to v0.42)
CUP Terrains - Core - @cup_terrains_core
CUP Terrains - Maps - @cup_terrains_maps
Iron Front Arm3 LITE - preview version - @IFA3LITE
Iron Front ArmA 3: ACE Compatibility patch - @IFA3_ACE3_compatibility

Then Iron Front Extras, which I uploaded to here (remove the space):

https://www.mediafire   .com/?onfus2t5tuv5y77

Plus the patch:

https://www.mediafire.   com/?24fii3929knafaq

Granted that's a lot of mods. Laughing

As for Cliffs of Dover, not sure why your Spitfire would be overheating, as the Spitfire Ia (100 Octane) should be able to run on full power with the radiator open indefinitely (so long as you don't use the boost cut off), though I imagine the Spitfire I, or 87 Octane versions might overheat.

If you want to practice online then it's best to use one of the ATAG Servers, as on Storm of War there are limited aircraft supplies, and you know what the Battle of Britain film has to say about solo engine checks. Razz
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:11 am

What ho Skip!

Nice to hear from you again, hope you can get back online soon.
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:15 pm

hi there skip. I am sure we can get some training aircraft for you. now where is that blenheim mkIVF Razz
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum