19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landing and Track Files

2 posters

Go down

Landing and Track Files Empty Landing and Track Files

Post  MJDixon Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:29 am

I've been doing a few resupply sorties today, and decided to record the landing on one of them as I've noticed that we're quite often using a lot of the runway to stop after we land (not that there's anything wrong with that Razz ), which I believe is as the result of not flaring the landing properly, i.e. we descend until the wheels touch the ground then wait for it to slow down, rather than slow down and let the aircraft drop onto the runway - as such I've made a video going over the landing technique that I use:

Landing Video Thread

This also leads me onto the fact that since we've been using the SoW server, which doesn't have external views for the track files - I've found it harder to observe the way that you're doing things, which makes it harder to see if there are areas to improve - as such I'd like you to try to start recording track files of our sorties (I'll set a time at the start of each sortie for us to turn the Track on, then off after landing) to try to get the bigger picture - presuming it doesn't reduce your performance. Smile

Plus I can make better videos. Razz

Last edited by MJDixon on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Landing and Track Files Empty Re: Landing and Track Files

Post  speedy77 Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Sounds fair enough to me. I will have to check my PC performance doesn't drop too much.
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down