19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S! from 92 squadron

2 posters

Go down

S! from 92 squadron Empty S! from 92 squadron

Post  Gizz Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:48 am

Great to have you guys operational god knows we need ya Very Happy

so just wanted to pop along and pat you guys on the back, its not easy starting a squadron in WWIIOL but its worth it, looking good so far chaps keep it up Wink

anything you need let me know and i will do my best to fix you up..

check six and see you up in the big blue

(ps) have you guys signed up to the AHC squad list?? we need all operational squadrons we can so check it out if you have not already, you guys would be really usefull being GMT time zone and all...

S!
Gizz
"CO" 92 squadron
RAF

Gizz

Back to top Go down

S! from 92 squadron Empty Re: S! from 92 squadron

Post  Skip19 Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:51 am

S!

not signed up to AHC list yet sir, hell we are not even operational really - still need to get 4 guys on at the same time to start the squad officially!

Man its tricky. Really seems like there is almost a conspiracy against starting a new squad!

But I've had some positive feedback, so I'll crack on and hope to get a few more pilots.

thanks for stopping by, hope to see you in there sometime!
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Gizz Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:25 am

LOL yea it hard going, when we first started up it took a while to get the magic "5" online together..

the only advise i can give you is aim for the noobs, it doesnt matter if they leave the day after because you have the squadron operational you just need to get 5 pilots together...

i usualy check the briefing screen on every mission, PM those that are new (greentags) big it up! grab there interest, if they accept jot there name down and tell them you will be intouch in a few mins, get your 5 guys and get the squadron up and running thats your first hurdle..

i dont know how your fixed for an XO but take it from me dont rush filling that spot you will cause yourself months of back tracking, so if you havent got one already lined up just forget about it for a month or so after your operational, get the basics down yourself (structure/doctorine ect.) once you rolling you will see the workload begin to rise, by this time you should have had enough time to see what kind of guys you have flying under you, some will have 0 experience other a little more but DONT rush filling that XO spot, what i mean is once you have the basics down dont sit there going through your roster and pick the best outa what you have, the XO will be the single most important decission you make, get it wrong your chassing your tail for months...

it does seem like there is a conspiracy against starting up but once your up and running it will drop into place, you will pick a lot of n0obs but you will be suprised at the tallent thats out there and not enlisted already, ive been reaaaaaaly lucky but your picking from the GMT TZ so you may have a clear(er) run once your up and running...

i have a few pilots that left us due to TZ issues if your interested i will try and dig up there details from the database and pass them on to you, the one guy left 2 months ago and is a great stick and a stickler for teamwork and sutch, i was wounded when he left as i was just about to promote him to "flight leader", we have one guy in the squad from the UK to who is having problem with the times, again i would be happy for him to make the transfer if you would like and he agree's, although he's deployed in iraq at the min so... but when he gets back i can have a word, he's a grate guy too..

if you need any help/advice what ever just mail me m8 im happy to help in anyway i can...

regards

Gizz

Gizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:10 am

Very Happy

that's some good advice there, the voice of experience I can tell!

Sure, if you have some names of chaps who might be interested point them in my direction.

I know what you mean with the XO, and I'll take that on board.

Good Stuff, I hope I can make it all work! It takes a lot of dedication, and if I'm struggling or having second thoughts I'll read this topic again, it's given me a new determination!

cheers

dojo

S!
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Gizz Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:28 am

LOL you will have a few of those second thoughts LOL as you say its a lot of work and dedication, i usualy take on to much work and then scream at squadron command for not pulling there weight Very Happy

this is my 3rd harcore squadron, the other 2 was warbirds and IL2 based, i still have second thoughts now when it gets heavy going but the feeling you get when your squadron gives the gerrys a bashing and your all RTB W0oting all the way home is awsome, or AHC calls you up for a an emergency and you pull it off text book style, makes all the training and hardwork worth it, plus its grate to hear the squadron using coms so well, closest we will ever get to WWII anyway (thank god)

keep at it bud, it will come off and when you up and running you can cover us so we dont get ass raped LOL

S!

Gizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Gizz Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:06 am

Dojo...

i have contacted a few of our old pilots that would prefer a UK time zone hopefully i can hand you a few, ill keep ya posted

regards

Gizz

Gizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:12 am

cool! i think i gave about 5 probables now as well!

looks like we might be a goer. hopeully in time for tier 2 and my 20mm cannons Very Happy

thanks again. look forward to flying with you guys some time

S!
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Gizz Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:33 am

no probs bud, us RAF types need to stop together heh? Very Happy

ok good news, just contated "fury010 and due to TZ differences he's up for the move to 19 squadron, fury is currently a 92 squadron pilot, i will send info to you now via PM...

look after him he's a good pall! Crying or Very sad

S!

Gizz

Back to top Go down

S! from 92 squadron Empty hey dojo

Post  Gizz Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:35 am

hey ya bud

hoping to get some hours in over the next few weeks (carnt keep a pilot out the air to long ya know Smile ) what days do you guys fly maybe i can hookup with you lot if thats ok for a an hour or two.. Shocked

Gizz

Gizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:51 am

Ah be a pleasure mate, we are on tonight (Thursday) and Sundays.

Still struggling with numbers, only 3 of us now...Sad

yep, an extra pair of eyes would be a great help!

just give me a shout in game dude, or drop on TS!

S!
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Gizz Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:04 am

"another pair of eyes" yea right!! thats a weak transalation into "great we could use some bait" Very Happy

ill try and get on tonight if not ill catch ya this weekend Smile

Gizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down