taking out the AAAI

View previous topic View next topic Go down

taking out the AAAI

Post  Hyronimous on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:40 pm

last night in the furballs over lille we discussed the possibility to take out the AAAI guns on an AF to remove a tactical advantage for the AI huggers.

first you run to expect safety and find none, later on you can't be sure if yourr planned AA hug is any good inserting a little uncertainty.

so i spawned a panhard and headed to seclin.

with AP it's doable to take out the guns, i was able to take out 6 guns lowering the influence the AAAI had in the area.

Also i noticed the Panhard is a very good vehicle to do it. relatively silent, very fast. But you have to think of it as a rifleman on wheels with a big gun.

For next time we may coordinate a BARCAP mission near an Enemy af with a mission to take out the AAAI. This would have a nice effect in my opinion to the morale of the LW when they really have to ask if the AF is save to spawn.

as a sidenote i replicated the move with the truck chasing the ET Very Happy
i did a 360 around a stug who desperately was trying to aim at me then i shot him with my 25mm Smile
at 10m distance it will have an impact Twisted Evil

Hyronimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: taking out the AAAI

Post  Skip19 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:21 am

nice work hyronimous!!

we have attempted in the past to run airfield surpression missions on the ground, hitting the AI with infantry before divebombing and buzzing the airfields.

I think the rebuild time on AI AAA is between 15 and 30 minutes, so you don't get long - once the ground work is done taking out the AI - to strafe and bomb aircraft on the ground.

nice idea though, we'll have to try it sometime!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:33 am

Great work, Hyro. Very Happy

S!

"I look forward confidently to the exploits of our Fighter Pilots - these splendid men, this brilliant youth, who will have the glory of saving their native land, their island home, and all they love, from the most deadly of all attacks."

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top