19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of Flight Career Mode launched

3 posters

Go down

Rise of Flight Career Mode launched Empty Rise of Flight Career Mode launched

Post  MJDixon Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:51 am

I know Speedy plays Rise of Flight as well as me, so thought it may be of interest that the Rise of Flight Career Mode has been released:

Rise of Flight Career Mode

One thing I always thought that stopped Rise of Flight from being a proper flight sim, like Falcon 4 (the ultimate career mode) and Over Flanders Fields - in much the same way as Cliffs of Dover won't be a proper sim until it gets a Career mode.

Field mods look good too. Razz
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Rise of Flight Career Mode launched Empty Re: Rise of Flight Career Mode launched

Post  speedy77 Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Sounds good.

I really have to upgrade my PC to run the thing properly. I currently have all the eye candy low as possible and the upgrade is going to raise the bar again! Rolling Eyes
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Rise of Flight Career Mode launched Empty Re: Rise of Flight Career Mode launched

Post  MJDixon Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:51 am

Well, I made a Career in RNAS 8 flying Nieuport 17s in October 1916 (that's the earliest you can get atm.)

First sortie we chased a recon plane across the lines, I shot it a bit then one of my wingmen shot at me and blew off my lower left wing, then I limped back across the lines (navigating with no compass, endless fun Laughing ) and made a crash landing near a village (flipped it, bad show) and got the Military Cross, which was nice. Razz

The campaign mode even has online stats, so you can see who the best career pilot is, and who's squadron is the best!111one

statzorzorz!!111one

I was hoping to make a Career in 19RFC ( Razz) but it hasn't been added to the Career yet! Although the Sopwith Dolphin is in the game (hence the Dolphin in the 19 Squadron Insiginia - not that it looks anything like a Dolphin) which is a start.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:06 pm

I've updated the game, but not yet tried the new campaign mode.

Do find aiming in these planes quite tricky? or is it just my lack of skills. Do you bother zeroing your sights and press a button to snap to the 'zeroed' view, or like me just wing it?

I also still haven't mastered the art of keeping my engine from dying through over reving. It seems as soon as you dive unless you chop the throttle your engine gives up, which is fine, but in a twisting dogfight I'm normally full throttle and more concerned about not stalling and getting shot. But that's the nature of those string bags and having proper mixture and radiator controls is very cool though.

I just need to find the time for some serious practice!
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:18 pm

With it being WWI I tend not to do much deflection shooting or lead shooting etc, just fly as close as possible and open up on them (I usually try to aim at the wings to break them off.)

Or in the words of ye olde' RFC song:

Its the only only way,
Its the only trick to play;
He's the only hun. You're the only pup'
And he's only getting the wind right up;
So go on and do not stop
'Till his tails damn near your prop,
If he only crashes this side in flames,
Then you'll only know they'll believe your claims.
So keep him tight in your Aldis sight,
It's the only only way!

I find my engine tends to pack up quite a lot in dives when I fly the Dolphin or the SE5, so I need to practice too. Razz

Seems the Nieuport 17 doesn't do it as much, but then it doesn't have any radiator controls, probably because it uses a rotary engine rather than in-line or V8 or what not - plus if I ever got into a dive the wings would probably fall off. Laughing
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:25 am

looks very nice

might buy it someday
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:26 am

it reminds me off red baron II

played that game for hours
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:04 pm

started carreer as german pilot in a albatros d2

did about 7 missions and have shot down 13 aircraft and 8 balloons. will beat richthofen soon. Twisted Evil
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:51 pm

I've started a career as a Sergeant Observer/Rear Gunner in an Airco DH4 Squadron. Razz

When I get promoted to Flight Sergeant I'll become a Pilot and maybe transfer to an R.E.8 Squadron, then when I get a commision I'll transfer to a Scout Squadron, probably 19RFC. Smile
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down