19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I've been up to.

4 posters

Go down

What I've been up to. Empty What I've been up to.

Post  Skip19 Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:02 am

about 5'11".

lol.

nbo really, MJ asked what I had been doing. well, apart from (watching the cricket hurrah!) working and looking after the frail and sick people that live in my house, I had time to put together a few models that have been gathering dust in my shed.

first, my Airfix 1:72 Eurofighter Typhoon. forgive the pic, (phone) and the decals are rubbish, dead flaky and most of them just fell apart.

What I've been up to. 5261513347_618ede8e8e

then, some of the ebil axis empire, an E4 and 2 Panzer IVD's (although one is a IVG with a IVD turret. long story!!) . (part of a plan to make every unit in the game. I have a stuka sat in a box somewhere too...)

What I've been up to. 5261514437_cc90f1b670

so thats what retired CO's get up to. honest Wink
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

What I've been up to. Empty Re: What I've been up to.

Post  MJDixon Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:46 am

Very nice. Razz What scale are the Panzers and 109?

I'm getting an Airbrush kit for Christmas (Compressor, two Brushes, all that crap) so might actualy get around to making my 1:48 scale Italeri Boston III. Smile

You a brush man or a spray man?
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:53 am

all 1:72 scale.

tanks and eurofighter are sprayed, 109 is mostly painted with a hairy stick.

I need a compresser airbrush, bought a cheapo one with a can of air, not very good and got all clogged up and now air has run out.

Ive got some airfix paras and a dakota as well... hmmm
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Glad to see you're keeping yourself busy!

Very nice models. That E4 has some nice weathering, how was that done?

I used to build a lot of models back in the day. I've got a half finished Airfix B-17G at my folks house that I'd really like to finish but there isn't room to swing a cat in my place let alone build a model. How do you keep your kids from getting their mitts on them, because that would also be my problem!?
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:43 pm

speedy77 wrote:Glad to see you're keeping yourself busy!

Very nice models. That E4 has some nice weathering, how was that done?

I used to build a lot of models back in the day. I've got a half finished Airfix B-17G at my folks house that I'd really like to finish but there isn't room to swing a cat in my place let alone build a model. How do you keep your kids from getting their mitts on them, because that would also be my problem!?

The E4 weathering was done with a black fine line pen, you put a dot or a line of ink where the oil/smoke would come out then smudge it with your finger (or a cotton bud). pretty effective. Dirty German Bastards, you'd never see a spit like that Very Happy

lol yeah, there are several models (a Lancaster, an F5 Tigershark and a Spit Mk1 for starters) that have had the "treatment" from my kids and ended up being 'retired' to a box in the shed. The original plan was to hang them from the boys ceiling, but they are ingenious in finding ways to get them down (whacking them with cricket bats, or climbing on a tower of books and toys) Mad
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Ah, the old Cricket Bat sector defence method, I once flew with a chap on heavies over the Ruhr, 29 missions without a scratch and then on his last job he got his starboard wing taken clean off by a Jerry Cricket Bat, very sad...
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezey Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:31 am

The Jerries play cricket ? Thats just not cricket.

Dezey
Dezey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum