19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game and Mouse freezes on Welcome page

3 posters

Go down

Game and Mouse freezes on Welcome page Empty Game and Mouse freezes on Welcome page

Post  speedy77 Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Couldn't get on at all over the weekend as my game and mouse has started to freeze on the welcome page. Evil or Very Mad

The only thing that is different from the last time I played, is that I have updated my virus and firewall software. I have posted this issue in the BE support forums but have not received a response yet.

Any of you chaps got any bright ideas? otherwise I feel a game re-install coming on!
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Game and Mouse freezes on Welcome page Empty Re: Game and Mouse freezes on Welcome page

Post  MJDixon Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:21 am

Dunno Speedy, have you tried searching the WW2OL forums?

There are a few threads about people having their game/mouse freeze at the start screen, but most of those seem to be on Windows Vista which is fixed using compatibility mode, but I see you're using XP.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Game and Mouse freezes on Welcome page Empty Re: Game and Mouse freezes on Welcome page

Post  speedy77 Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:37 am

It is a strange one MJ.

I have read the other posts with similar issues, but as you mentioned, they were for vista or Win7. I just thought it was worth a shot posting on the support forums incase a computer whiz new what could have happened. If I get a chance tonight I'll reinstall the game to see if it will just sort itself out.
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezey Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:16 am

Try turning off your firewall before you go through the hooieee of reinstalling the game. My mouse freezes often when I fist login but if I have something running in the background and I Alt tab a few time I can use it to click the final ok.

Dezey
Dezey

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Finally managed to get up and running again. cheers

Re-installs of the game and the virus/firewall software did the trick.

Will hopefully be on tonight, Spit Vs in yet?
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Bally good show!

Spit Vs are indeed in, since about late Friday night I think - so it's crappy rear views and grey paint from now on. Razz
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down