19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAR 29 October!

2 posters

Go down

AAR 29 October! Empty AAR 29 October!

Post  Skip19 Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:50 am

Sergeant Dojo and flying Officer Dezey teamed up to fly a 2 ship BARCAP over the contested town of Bruhle.

Allied forces were pushing hard at the town to drive a wedge between the retreating Axis forces, however Bruhle's location between a congruence of enemy airfields (Koln, Dusseldorf and Monchen Gladbach meant the allied ground forces were getting a pasting from the Stukas and 110's.

We took off from Hallschlag (a recent push from the French had secured this vital airfield) and climbed out towards Bruhle. Although the radio calls suggested heavy enemy presence over the target, we cleared the high air before descending to find a lonely 110 and Ju 87 circling tiredly over the town.

Sporadic Ack burst around us as F/O Dezey dropped in behind the 110 and critically damaged him, sending him flopping lazily into the ground. Seeing this, I tackled the ju87 but just as I got into guns range on him, an Ack burst took off his wing and he spiralled helplessly into the town, hitting a building and bursting into flame.

Seeing no other enemies over the town, we were vectored to intercept unknown enemy aircraft heading towards Bruhle from Dusseldorf. F/O Dezey spotted a lone 109 underneath us, and bounced him, unfortunately missing with his guns pass. Zooming up, F/O Dezey succeeded in dragging the poor Emil up into a vertical climb, presenting a perfect opportunity for me. With a full planform shot, I destroyed the 109 with a short burst of cannon.

Circling around the area, I saw another 109E headed our way. I bounced him, with F/O Dezey in support, and with a long burst from my cannon I set his fuselage on fire.

We tooled around for a while, tangling with a 190 and another 109 high near Dussledorf, but after getting some hits on them we decided discretion was the better part of valour, and headed back to halleschlag.

A good sortie, 1 110 kill, 2 109E kills and damages on 1 ju87, 1 190 and 1 109G.

Both pilots landed safely.
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

AAR 29 October! Empty Re: AAR 29 October!

Post  Dezey Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:33 am

Yes indeed that was a fun mission, though I cannot believe how horrible my gunnery can be. That 1st 09 was a dead cert, he had no idea we were coming I waited till I was nice and close and totally missed him ! Howerever it did lead to my 1st (accidental) drag and bag, happily Dojos guns were better than mine and he made short work of him as he climbed up after me. Some nice support there Dojo, quite possibly saving my skin. We wont tell you about our next mission though ah hem ...
Dezey
Dezey

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum