19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAR 15th OCT

3 posters

Go down

AAR 15th OCT Empty AAR 15th OCT

Post  speedy77 Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:03 am

Just one pilot was on the 19 Squadron roster for the early evening sorties. News of an enemy attack on Walsoorden came in and QM sgt Speedy77 climbed in to his spit IXc and took off from Knokke airfield climbing out to the E, to BARCAP the route from Antwerp to Walsoorden. Inbound to the target area he saw the welcome sight a two more spits IXc. Joining up with Rambi and Weisse1 the flight began a Barcap at 12K. Though the area was covered in yellow squares, there was no quarry to be had. After many fruitless minutes, Speedy spotted a lone 109 2K below and heading towards Walsoorden. Speedy called the contact, throttled back and performed a split-s to descend on the hapless 109. Closing to guns range, the spit shuddered as the 20mm cannon spat at the unknowing Jerry, and puffs of smoke and fire signaled the rounds had found their mark. In the same instant a stream of tracer shot past speedys’ cockpit, closely followed by a unmistakable shape of a P-38. A quick glance around confirmed that 2 FAF P-38s had appeared from nowhere apparently chasing the same 109. As he watched the P-38s disappear into the stratosphere, speedy wondered how the FAF could develop stealth technology and jet engines even though there country was effectively out of the war.... Satisfied he beat them to the kill he smugly turned for home and a mug of warm coco.

Speedy had noticed that several EDD were approaching Walsoorden. The lack of Jerry air activity meant he felt confident as he took off in his unfamiliar Hurricane IIc to deliver a blow to the bosch girly-navy. Climbing E to 10K he leveled off and approached Walsoorden. He could see two dark shapes in the waters E of Walsoorden. Lining up along the length of the nearest destroyer, he throttled back and half rolled into a dive. Placing his sight on the bow of the ship he half rolled once more and descended. The navy girls must have spat out their sauerkraut as they noticed the plucky hurri diving towards them. Speedy pressed on as tracer seemed to lazily drift up, then whip past his cockpit. Taking a few hits, speedy kept the sights on the bow, knowing that the momentum of the ship would ensure the bombs raked its entire length, he released 2x 500lbs and pulled up to avoid the blast. Banking and looking over his shoulder he saw two explosions with plumes of dark smoke. Job done and shaking a fist at the bosch, he turned for home and a welcome pint of ale.
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

AAR 15th OCT Empty Re: AAR 15th OCT

Post  Skip19 Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:48 am

sounds like you had some fun there! sorry I missed it, been erratic getting on these last couple of weeks. lol @ the P38s, I hate it when they do that!

Attendance will improve, we have got some new members in, so soon we'll be able to field 5 or 6 at the same time. Should be good!

S!
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezey Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:37 am

These reports are great reading, more of a story really. Very descriptive keep it up you two.
Dezey
Dezey

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks Dezey. It is my intention that my reports be more technical, so we can get a few pointers from them. However, I get a bit carried away with the story side of it....I blame reading too many Commando comics as a nipper!
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down