19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gun Camera Footage - 1st of April 1941

4 posters

Go down

Gun Camera Footage - 1st of April 1941 Empty Gun Camera Footage - 1st of April 1941

Post  MJDixon Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:40 am

In this thread I'm going to post the unedited footage of the recordings I made the other night of two long dogfights Dojo and I, and then Dezey, Dojo and I were in - I've left them unedited apart from adding music and start/end fade as the idea is for them to hopefully be instructional to show us areas to improve or things we've done well, etc - as opposed to just being a good video, I asked the chaps to see if they could make a film for us to explain why it's a good idea to record our fights and they came up with this:

Razz

Anyway, here's the first video:

Second Video:

Last edited by MJDixon1 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Gun Camera Footage - 1st of April 1941 Empty Re: Gun Camera Footage - 1st of April 1941

Post  Skip19 Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:53 pm

blimey. made me tense again just watching that!

nice clear btw! you always miss my kills though Sad :lol
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Gun Camera Footage - 1st of April 1941 Empty Re: Gun Camera Footage - 1st of April 1941

Post  speedy77 Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:51 am

Nice vids MJ. Good to see some 19 squadron finest moments caught on film!

Loved that comment in the first clip..."now we see some pilots, now aces, where they gave the germans some jip" Laughing
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:06 am

I do find it ironic how that whole film is about how to improve their accuracy in dogfights and the like, and then when it comes to showing off real clips there's two clips against bombers, and the rest of them are strafing ships or the ground. Razz
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:04 am

Added the second video.

So far I've worked out that:

• I run away a lot.
  • I like to fly at low level when I'm screwed.
  • My engagements will only ever last as long as the track "Battle in the Air" from the Battle of Britain Soundtrack.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Skip19 Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 am

MJDixon1 wrote:Added the second video.

So far I've worked out that:

• I run away a lot.
  • I like to fly at low level when I'm screwed.
  • My engagements will only ever last as long as the track "Battle in the Air" from the Battle of Britain Soundtrack.

hmm. It's pretty difficult in the situation we were in to know what to do.

The second engagement, I was out of ammo if you remember, dezey was dropping in and out of the fight and I was just trying to piss off the guys who were on your 6. Very difficult, but you got some good shots off which I think probably helped, those guys (2 or 3) I think 1 died and the other 2 must have RTB'd, because not long after you hit that tree we cleared to just 2 109s left.

There were a lot of them!!

crazy. good vid, once I get my dual core running (2 weeks I think) I'll have guncam running too so we'll be able to disect stuff like this from more than one angle. (It's pretty confusing from just your pov!!)

thanks though, good work.

keep it up!
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezey Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:19 am

"•My engagements will only ever last as long as the track "Battle in the Air" from the Battle of Britain Soundtrack"

lol

I think i may have caught a glimse of me in that second clip ? trying to bounce one of the 09s. Youd think having an nme above them might have made them break off but its seems not. Mj is definatley the man for cutting your grass, nice flying Im surprised at least one of them didnt crash trying to get that low.
Dezey
Dezey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down