19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Reality Videos

2 posters

Go down

Virtual Reality Videos Empty Virtual Reality Videos

Post  MJDixon Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Current Virtual Reality headsets aren't good enough to use online, but they're very good for singleplayer (and help even the odds as the AI is a bit naff).  Laughing

MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Virtual Reality Videos Empty Re: Virtual Reality Videos

Post  MJDixon Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:15 am

Got promoted to Lieutenant and given a fancy new MiG:

Also my first 4K resolution video, which is ironic considering it's of 1st generation VR. Laughing

MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Raz Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:01 am

Good work! Shame the AI rammed you like that, though.

I'm struggling with the jittery motion of the panning, it's as if the input of the motion sensors on the headset has too low an FPS.
Also, the aiming reticle on the reflex seems to be either invisible or hardly visible at all. Is that a thing with the game itself or the video encoding?
Raz
Raz

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:14 am

To be fair I also rammed the AI just as much as the AI rammed me. Razz

By which I mean that I gloriously rammed the fascist invader for comrade Stalin and the Motherland.

The head tracking does get quite shaky cam, which I think is because the FPS isn't quite high enough, although it's not something you notice when wearing the headset - hopefully it shouldn't be as bad in future videos as I tweaked the settings a bit more.

The gunsight is pretty faint on the Soviet aircraft, also sometimes I'm aiming with my right eye, but the track file shows the view through the left eye, so in some shots it's looking to the side of the sight rather than straight down it.

There is a VR mod however that makes the gunsight more visible, I didn't use it in that sortie as I hadn't yet worked out how to make it for the left eye (in the original mod it makes the right eye view brighter), but I've worked it out now - I was using the mod for the first two sorties in the I-16, as that was a direct recording from the sortie zoomed in on the right eye view rather than a track file.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:15 am

I've switched back to recording the footage directly as opposed to recording from a track file, as it seems that the head movement is smoother that way (I guess the track file doesn't record at as high an FPS or something).

Also my career broke after that sortie, so I guess I'll start again in the next career phase or something... Rolling Eyes
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down