ReShade for IL2:GB

Go down

ReShade for IL2:GB

Post  MJDixon on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:41 pm

I've found that the lighting in BoX is very washed out (especially noticable in the Kittyhawk and the Boston, which have light grey instrument panels, when they're actually supposed to be a lot darker as far as I can tell, plus the nights are never really dark - not that that's a bad thing when you're trying to fly in them Laughing ).

Anyway, there's a program called Reshade that a lot of people in BoX use, which you can use to edit the lighting/colour in games, and also add stuff like different anti-aliasing, or depth of field, etc - essentially lots of post-processing stuff that you can put on top of the game:

ReShade

It's easy to install, just point it to IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\bin\game\il-2.exe and select the Direct3D 10+ option, you can then select which effects to install (I just pick them all, as you can test them in game and make profiles for them).

Then in game just press Shift + F2 to open up the ReShade options to fiddle with.

Here are some unedited comparison shots with my current setup:

ReShade Off:

ReShade On:

The Longest Day Mode:

ReShade Off:

ReShade On:

The Longest Day Mode:

Here are my presets if you want to try them, just put them in IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\bin\game and select them in the Shift + F2 screen.

Main Reshade

The Longest Day Reshade

I had mine on last night on the Finnish Server, so they don't seem to cause any issue in Multiplayer.

"I look forward confidently to the exploits of our Fighter Pilots - these splendid men, this brilliant youth, who will have the glory of saving their native land, their island home, and all they love, from the most deadly of all attacks."

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ReShade for IL2:GB

Post  MJDixon on Fri May 25, 2018 7:12 am

Hinkel, maybe try downloading this and see if it helps with spotting, there are a lot of different filters/effects, some of which change the sharpness and aliasing, which might help with spotting (I guess you'd have to try them one at a time in SP or something).

I've used reshade in MP since making this thread and haven't had any issues with it being a mod or anything.

Lowering Gamma can also help apparently.

"I look forward confidently to the exploits of our Fighter Pilots - these splendid men, this brilliant youth, who will have the glory of saving their native land, their island home, and all they love, from the most deadly of all attacks."

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 on Sat May 26, 2018 2:19 am

downloaded
will try to test it in the near future
hinkel1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 on Sat May 26, 2018 2:23 am

game crashed with everything on
good start
hinkel1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon on Sat May 26, 2018 2:30 am

Strange, did you select Direct3D 10+ during install?

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 on Sat May 26, 2018 2:33 am

i did
i ll make more tests later
hinkel1

View user profile

Back to top Go down