19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

07/02/10 letter to Mum...

2 posters

Go down

07/02/10 letter to Mum... Empty 07/02/10 letter to Mum...

Post  Skip19 Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:59 am

Dear Mum,

As you may have heard from the wireless, the enemy advance has been swift and brutal, and the Brits are now fighting hard with our backs to the French coast!

We've been relocated too, we now find ourselves based in L-----, a damp and cold place (with too many consonants for my liking) on the south coast of England. The benefit is we can always get a nice pint of warm beer, and although we have less time on target, we can get to a good altitude before we get there!

We heard reports of a ding-dong going on over S----- , Dezey was already over there and we climbed up at a great speed in our new shiny Spit V's. Some frenchy came on and told us the cons were at '6k', bloody metrics, I did a quick guess and came up with 21,000 feet,and added 2 thousand for luck so we ended up over the target area at about 23,000.

Well, there were aircraft all over the sky! I called to Speedy and Dezey to just get stuck in, and they did just that, calling sixes and clearing each other (and some of the frenchies who had hung around). I managed to bag a 109 that was up on Speedys 6, and I heard after the fight that someone had seen another one I hit go in, so I racked up 2 kills. Dezey and Speedy got some likely's too, and we all put down at S----- to get some ammo.

I even managed to blow up a 110 a bit later on!

Well I'm going now as I need to pick up Bader the squadron cat from quarantine, poor little sod's been moved around so much he doesn't know whether he's coming or going. that and the fact he is missing a leg, and when he runs he tends to go round in circles...

give my regards to pa, tell him as long as I don't get dragged over any Jerry Flak traps I'll be back in time for his 60th birthday...

your loving son

Dojo.
Skip19
Skip19

Back to top Go down

07/02/10 letter to Mum... Empty Re: 07/02/10 letter to Mum...

Post  speedy77 Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Excellent report!... brought a tear to my eye!... *looks lovingly at 'Mum Dad' knuckle tattoo*

I think the Frenchies were up against it until we showed up and proceeded to give the pesky Jerries a good pasting. Good teamwork and comms all round.

dojo wrote:..Well I'm going now as I need to pick up Bader the squadron cat from quarantine, poor little sod's been moved around so much he doesn't know whether he's coming or going. that and the fact he is missing a leg, and when he runs he tends to go round in circles...

Lol Razz ....a saucer of warm beer will soon perk the little chap up.

I have another consonant please Carol...
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum