19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BMS anyone???

4 posters

Go down

BMS anyone???  Empty BMS anyone???

Post  Si the Sky Serpent Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Been spending quite alot of time trying to get to grips with this sim but I could really use a bit of help on the crazy controls set-up rituals, Dogfight overriding, pinkie switch, and things like that. They are begging to be a bit annoying to figure out all on me Tod. Having a nightmare trying to get my X-52 to do exactly what I want it to do like use the profiling software to make use of the 3 different modes of the stick.
In general I would be looking forward to going through some Essential Tips and just generally how you go about aerial combat in this beast. Ill pick up any new stuff really quickly coz I just want to get airborne and shooting stuff down now. or trying not to be shot down myself.

How everyone been anyways? What's the sim of choice at the mo? Would be interested in doing some WWII simming aswell.

Cheers All. Si.
Si the Sky Serpent
Si the Sky Serpent

https://www.youtube.com/user/musicmystro?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

BMS anyone???  Empty Re: BMS anyone???

Post  hinkel1 Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:21 pm

hi there

can t help you i am afraid with BMS.

At the moment we are in campaign during the weekends for il2 cliffs of dover. during the week we shift between clod ww2ol and rof
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi Si

As Hinkel says we've been concentrating on Cliff of Dover recently. Skip is our resident BMS expert, but he has been struggling to get online, so BMS has been put on the back 'after'burner for a while. (see what I did there? clever huh?...no ok). You're always welcome to join us in the WWII skies, we tend to post in the forums when we're on. S!
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:54 am

As Speedy said, Skip is the resident Falconeer and he has trouble being active enough to run any Falcon 4 Squad Nights, though I would like to play it.

Granted I'd also like to play WW2OL, Rise of Flight, Cliffs of Dover, Battle of Stalingrad and Star Citizen as well.  Razz 
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

BMS anyone???  Empty Spitfires it is then, Chaps!

Post  Si the Sky Serpent Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:44 pm

Thanks for your swift replies everyone, which of course is what 19f was all about in WWII, just ask the Gerrys! Very Happy Nice pun speedy saw exactly what you did there! Cunning skillz good sir. Installing CLOD now. I'm guessing your using the Team Fusion MOD 4.3 right? Trying to find all necessary updates and the Mod installation file download location itself. If anyone could post links to this that would be great. If you ever fancy a change and a flight in the falcon MJ or anyone else, just give us a shout and we could try n figure it out n have a bash ourselves if Skip is unavailable. Tally Ho!

Cool
Si the Sky Serpent
Si the Sky Serpent

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:46 pm

spit tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t6OJkp2v0lU

installation tutorial
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100

teamspeak is on ww2ol ts

you can add me in steam : 19RAF conflict
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

Post  Si the Sky Serpent Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:07 am

Cheers Hinkel, getting set up with it all now. Not sure if I'll have time to fly this weekend as busy as nutz but will try. Be in touch shortly mate.
Si the Sky Serpent
Si the Sky Serpent

Back to top Go down

Post  hinkel1 Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:42 pm

normally you should find us online for flying from 9 pm gmt on tuesday, thursday and sunday
hinkel1
hinkel1

Back to top Go down

BMS anyone???  Empty Cliffs of Dover

Post  Si the Sky Serpent Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:32 am

Howdy Y'all ... So yea... Been spending quite alot of time on CLOD and at a bit of a loss with a few things;

1. Do I have to name my custom options .ini anything specific when i "Save As"? (I know that i need to save it in the MOD floder in documents).

2. It seems that some of the button assignments are working and some are not and no changes take effect until restart the game and im finding it a bit awkward to track down every default Joystick button assigment so that i can unassign it ( so i can choose what i want it to be assigned to lol ) Is this the way it should be behaving? I assigned view buttons that worked fine but yet flaps, gear, radiator are being a bit of a bitch.

3. The Tutorial you gave me the link to shows you how to change the gunsight features, but shows nothing about how to turn it on in the first place. Some missions that I have tried, its just been a case of flicking the switch on the right of the sight, whereas in other missions / planes the switch cannot be switched at all.

4. My joystick is perfectly aligned but when i accelerate on the ground or in the air in general the plane insists on yawing and rolling right? especially when steering on the ground it just circles around like crazy. I accept that having fuel in one wing and not two might have a part to play (from what i gather from the Fuel Gauges) but should it really be this bad ?

5. Things like Mixture, fuel switches and Radiator are completley stuck in flight sometimes, not sure why.

6. I noticed that the Gass Pump and the push pin are not clickable and not mentioned in the tutorial but are them useable through keyboard commands?
coz I'm guessing thats partly why I'm having trouble getting started (Sometimes engines start easily but then I try exactly the same steps and no cigar lol)

Other than these issuses I'm ready to go so will be availible as of this Tuesday this week so see you tomorrow hopefully.
Cheers. Si afro 
Si the Sky Serpent
Si the Sky Serpent

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:38 pm

Hi Si

Glad to hear your getting up to speed with CLOD.

I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can, but being at work I don't have access to default key assignments etc! I'm sure MJ or Hinkel can correct me or fill in the gaps.

1. You don't have to name the config file as anything specific.

2. Mapping the controls is a little awkward to say the least. You can save a different file for each plane. We tend to use the 'Spit 1A 100 octane' so I only have one saved as 'Spit1A'. There is a way editing the .ini files directly and copy and pasting for each plane, but I have not messed with it so can't help you there.

3. There is a switch to turn the reflector gunsight on, located to the left of the spitfire sight, and is clickable. I have it mapped to a button on my stick. The range dials are also clickable on the gunsight, for setting gun convergence and target wing spans.

4. The yawing and rolling on take off, is due to the engine torque wanting to pull you left and then the left wing tends to dip. You counter this with slight inputs of right rudder, and right aileron to lift the left wing. I also find setting full right rudder trim helps. It has nothing to do with the fuel tanks, which I believe are located centrally infront of the pilot seat, there are two fuel gauges one for the reserve of the primary tank and one for the reserve of the auxiliary tanks. The Auxiliary tanks which are not used/modelled in game so that one will always show empty. I find the take off the most difficult part of the game and still wreck plenty on spits on the runway.

5. Mixture is not really needed, only when you want to conserve fuel for long range missions (which there are not many). The lever will only operate when the throttle lever is past 50%. In the main we never use it. You only need to use the fuel cock switch on start up or to kill your engine, it is clickable. You do need to use the radiator a lot, I would map it to a button on your stick. The lever in the cockpit when fully forward the RAD is fully open, when fully back the RAD is closed. Same goes for Prop Pitch you need to map that to you stick if possible.

6. All you need for start up is: 'Chocks In' - 'RAD fully closed' - '5-10% throttle' - 'Fuel cock on' - 'Magneto1 on' - 'Magneto 2 on' - 'Engine start'
Taxying you need: 'RAD fully open' - 'Chocks Out' - Increase Throttle to achieve 1800rpm and away to go.

Hope that is of some help.
speedy77
speedy77

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:07 am

I was writing a big post, but Speedy got there first, with answers a lot shorter than mine - so good job.  Razz 

The engine torque can usually be countered with control adjustments as Speedy said, or with trim (though the Spitfire does not have any aileron trim - they could only trim the ailerons before flight by hitting them with a mallet to bend the trailing edge!)

The main issue with engine torque is at take-off, and requires full right aileron deflection until the effect diminishes near the end of the take-off run, at which point you can level off the ailerons again.

This video might help:

Spitfire Mk. Ia (100 Octane) Start up

Speedy is correct about the fuel tanks, both are located infront of the Cockpit, an upper tank containing 48 gallons and a lower tank containing 37 gallons - the only fuel gauge that works is that for the lower fuel tank (right side gauge), which starts to go down after the 48 gallon upper tank is empty, hence why it doesn't start going down for quite a while.

BMS anyone???  Fuelsystem

Other than that, what Speedy said.  Wink
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Si the Sky Serpent Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:02 am

Great thanks for all the info, has answered all my questions. Smile Ill get that video studied - very good, informative tutorial by the way! and then, after a lil bit more practise me thinks, you'll be a wingman up!
Thanks again chaps & will report back soon ! Very Happy 
Si the Sky Serpent
Si the Sky Serpent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum