19 Squadron RAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tablet Controls

Go down

Tablet Controls Empty Tablet Controls

Post  MJDixon Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:22 pm

Looking at Speedy's post about the electronic flight bag thingie that you can use with a smartphone/tablet, I started to look for ways of controling the cockpit using a tablet (as I have a 10.1 Galaxy Tab) seeing as it's essentially a touch screen monitor. I was originally hoping that I could get it so that the MFD feeds would be sent to the tablet so I could see the screens and click the MFD buttons there, without having to buy those Cougar MFDs and external monitors, but the only ones I could find were one for iPads and another one that doesn't seem to work...

Failing with that, however, I did find one that allows you to press an image on your tablet/smart phone, which then sends a keyboard command to the PC, through LAN, so you can press the MFDs (although the MFD screens don't show on the tablet) and ICP and such.

iFalcon

I did have some trouble setting it up to begin with, firstly I couldn't get it to work with Port 80, so had to download a newer version of the TouchDown Web Server (Version 0.3.7.0 at the bottom of the page) and changed to a different port number, not sure if it matters what the number is, I'm not really into ports and the like.

In addition to that I couldn't get my Tablet to connect to the server I set up on my PC, but I discovered that was due to my AVG Firewall, which I had to switch on to Game Mode.

After all that I seem to have it working, most of the buttons seem to work, I think the ones that don't work are because of my TrackIR buttons, as I seem to have that set the buttons used on the MFD/ICP.

At the moment I'm thinking I'll probably use it for the ICP, as for MFDs its probably easier if you can see the screen next to the buttons your pressing.
MJDixon
MJDixon

Back to top Go down