Rotary Club

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rotary Club

Post  MJDixon on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:31 am

What ho!

I'm working on some skins for the Rotary Sopwiths (Pup, Triplane, Camel) and I need to know what cowling paintscheme/patterns you all want!

For example, myself and Skip already have ours because we had them on our SE5as, so here are our Sopwith Pups:

As well as these we have our insignia on the tail of the aircraft, with the background colour matching the cowling colour i.e. mine is a black and white cowling, with a black insignia background on the tail, and Skip's is a blue and white cowling, with a blue insignia background on the tail.

Speedy

Your current tail insignia is that on your SE5a, a green and white background with a welsh dragon insignia:

So preferably for your Rotary cowling scheme it should be something green and white, or green and red, or red and white, or green white and red, or a full covering of one of those three colours on its own.

Hinkel

You didn't previously have a tail insignia, but I've used the Flemish Flag you posted in the SPAD thread and then made variations of the Belgian flag for some examples of Cowling patterns:

Variant 1:

Variant 2:

Variant 3:

Or something else is you prefer.

Dezey

You're completely useless, you have no paint scheme, you have no insignia, you have no colours, you have no SE5a, you are a nonentity. Razz

So please come up with an idea for an insignia and paintscheme! preferably with examples - even if they are crappy MS paint!

If you don't want cowling patterns you can just have full colour cowlings, ie full red - though first come first serve if so, as you can't have two people the same colour as it defeats the point. Wink

These schemes will be the same for all the Sopwith Rotary Aircraft.

And here's a picture of the generic 19RFC Sopwith Pup I've made:

"I look forward confidently to the exploits of our Fighter Pilots - these splendid men, this brilliant youth, who will have the glory of saving their native land, their island home, and all they love, from the most deadly of all attacks."

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rotary Club

Post  hinkel1 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:13 am

i like 1 and 3

great work mj
hinkel1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezey on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:16 am

Can I have the checker pattern like yours but green and white ?

That would be a bright green please.
Dezey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:14 am

maybe not too bright eh Dezey, wouldn't want you to glow in the dark now would we! Laughing

You want any sort of insignia for the tail?

"I look forward confidently to the exploits of our Fighter Pilots - these splendid men, this brilliant youth, who will have the glory of saving their native land, their island home, and all they love, from the most deadly of all attacks."

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezey on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Cou7ld you get a rabbit on the tail or a rabbit head and ears something like the playboy symbol but no bow tie ?
Dezey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:44 pm

I'd like the zig-zig pattern please MJ, white cowling with alternate red and green triangle things. Hopefully won't look too Italian!

Same wheel design, insignia and 77 as the Se.5.

BTW Is it too late to change the green and white stripes behind the 7s on the wing for all my skins?
speedy77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Too late to change the SE5a skins Speedy as they've been submitted and (seemingly) accepted.

Can change the other ones though as they're still WIP. Razz

And I'll try-a not-a to make-a it-a look-a too italiano!

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:22 am

Here you go, Speedy:

Also tried different colour mixes:

I'd say the first one looks the best (red and green on white background.)

And here's a top view of the wing numbers:

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy77 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:31 am

Nice MJ.

Yep the first one is the one to go with. I'd change the 77 on the wing to just plain white. (I was also going to do that on the Se5.a, but hey ho!)
speedy77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MJDixon on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:57 am

Here you go Speedy:

And for Dezey:

By the way Dezey, why are you called Dezey in WW2OL and Deazey in RoF? Razz

- Winston Churchill
MJDixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezey on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:27 am

Thats a great job MJ. The Green Rabbit doesnt quite strike the same note as the Red Baron but the buns will be pleased !

The shorter name in WWIIonline was for quick typing if anyone could b arsed to give 6 calls back in the olden days.

Dezey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top